NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Ok, I resigned from posting but I still read the intelligent threads like this, the cricket and I enjoy a laugh atvrhe random nonsense.

Tonights Bears, Raiders game is a very poignant one for me. As some of you know my wife died very suddenly in June. She was a born and bred Chicagoan and huge Bears fan. From when the NFL first got shown in Scotland, early 80s I, for whatever reason became a Raider. Tonight's game might not mean a lot, but to me it means everything, especially as today would have been her 50th birthday.

Lets hope for a great game

Ok, I resigned from posting but I still read the intelligent threads like this, the cricket and I enjoy a laugh atvrhe random nonsense. Tonights Bears, Raiders game is a very poignant one for me. As some of you know my wife died very suddenly in June. She was a born and bred Chicagoan and huge Bears fan. From when the NFL first got shown in Scotland, early 80s I, for whatever reason became a Raider. Tonight's game might not mean a lot, but to me it means everything, especially as today would have been her 50th birthday. Lets hope for a great game

Sorry about your wife mate :( , Hope you enjoy the game.

Have Sky announced their pick of Week 1 games? Hope they leave Packers @ 49ers alone, doubt it though.

Weeks 1&2 announced:

Week 1:

Thurs 5th Sep - Baltimore Ravens @ Denver Broncos

Sun 8th Sep - Early - Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Sun 8th Sep - Late - Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

Week 2:

Thurs 12th Sep - New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Sun 15th Sep - Early - Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears

Sun 15th Sep - Late - Denver Broncos @ New York Giants

Seems a good list to me, decent mix of NFC/AFC teams, some divisional rivalries, some games between teams expected to do well.

Weeks 1&2 announced:

Week 1:

Thurs 5th Sep - Baltimore Ravens @ Denver Broncos

Sun 8th Sep - Early - Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints

Sun 8th Sep - Late - Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

Week 2:

Thurs 12th Sep - New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Sun 15th Sep - Early - Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears

Sun 15th Sep - Late - Denver Broncos @ New York Giants

Seems a good list to me, decent mix of NFC/AFC teams, some divisional rivalries, some games between teams expected to do well.

Cracking lineup for week 2, couldve done without the ravens broncos week 1 but its opening day so I guess theres no alternative.

Steelers acquires Felix Jones from the Cowboys

Eagles was it not?

Kolb has left the Bills @ Skins game with "concussion like symptoms" not long after Spiller leaves the field holding his knee...he's ok though apparently.

May we see E.J. start week 1?

EJ had his knee operated on last week so might not be ready to go in week 1