NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

What was your overall thoughts on us last night bud? Didn't get a chance to see it.

We did the fundamentals well. Fewer drops, fewer missed tackles. Didn't show anything of the play book again, especially defensively. Think we blitzed once and drilled Peyton on that play. Bradford had some nice throws. Austin had an 80 yard punt return that was a thing of beauty. Ogletree scored a TD and got a pick, he's going to be a stud.

Peyton manning had 30 first half pass attempts, which tells you how seriously Denver took it. At halftime when the starters left we were up 20-10. Very encouraging performance.

We did the fundamentals well. Fewer drops, fewer missed tackles. Didn't show anything of the play book again, especially defensively. Think we blitzed once and drilled Peyton on that play. Bradford had some nice throws. Austin had an 80 yard punt return that was a thing of beauty. Ogletree scored a TD and got a pick, he's going to be a stud.

Peyton manning had 30 first half pass attempts, which tells you how seriously Denver took it. At halftime when the starters left we were up 20-10. Very encouraging performance.

Good to hear mate. What about safteys? How did they play? Are we now looking at Mcdonald and Mcloed starting?

Freeman was poor last night, surprised we won .

Tell you what he'll be under pressure from that boy backing him up if he's not careful, he looked pretty good in the first 2 preseason games

Glennon out of NC State?

Yep , he threw a TD pass in the last min of the 4th quarter. Looks ok but was pretty inaccurate aswell from what i saw . Freeman looks a man devoid of confidence he really needs to get a grip. Thought we looked fine defensively and the specials team had a good night aswell.

Also for as bad as we were ,we still beat the fins :lol: #1 team in Florida

Glennon out of NC State?

Aye that's your man, he looked really good with the first team but later in the game (the first preseason game at least) he missed a few. Didnt see how he got on last night. From what I'd seen, if he could convert preseason performances to the regular season I'd put him on par with most of the mid tier guys in the league, if he doesnt do it in TB there are lenty other teams in need of a QB

Aye I like Cousins too, got him in the PnB dynasty fantasy league and he'll hopefully do me a solid in a year or two. The Bengals guy looked decent in preseason although very limited to speed and short throws and I'd like to see how Ryan Mallet and Ryan Nassib would do given a chance...

Geno Smith looks slow in the pocket and crumbles under the slightest pressure. INT to Amukamara was a poorly thrown ball behind the receiver. INT to Stevie Brown was a wayward pass that Winslow didn't even see. INT to Tuck was a great bit of anticipation from Tuck but not sure how Geno didn't see him standing in front of the receiver. Geno does well on quick throws where he doesn't have to think.

Defense was banging and, in particular, Damon Harrison who filled in at NT. Wilkerson and Richardson were obviously dominant too but I'm sure you are all getting sick of me raving over Wilkerson. WR, Ryan Spadola, has surely earned himself a roster spot. He's consistently made big plays with the first, second and third strings.