NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Happy anniversary!!!
It's been 4 years since this IMG_1479829932.743062.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen a crazier minute of football, Pats score a TD, then the buttfumble is recovered for a TD, then the Jets muff the kick off and the Pats also recover that for a TD. All in 50 odd seconds of game time.

58 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

I see Josh Norman was again tested after the game at the weekend.  That's now 4 tests in 10 match days.  That's more (on average) than someone who is a known drug cheat will be tested in 2 seasons.

I think when your being paid $15M a year you can put it with being asked to piss in a cup every 2nd week, if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about.

39 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

I think when your being paid $15M a year you can put it with being asked to piss in a cup every 2nd week, if you've got nothing to hide you've got nothing to worry about.

Absolute nonesense.  Random drug testing is fine.  If a player has history of drug problems then fair do's. But if you have been cleaner than clean a random test in week 1, 3, 4 and 11 then that's not right.  

Norman has had more tests done than Bell, and Bell is on mandatory protocol.

4 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Absolute nonesense.  Random drug testing is fine.  If a player has history of drug problems then fair do's. But if you have been cleaner than clean a random test in week 1, 3, 4 and 11 then that's not right.  

Norman has had more tests done than Bell, and Bell is on mandatory protocol.

I'm sure he takes it as a compliment.

So what with Osweiler being awful (worse stats than Hoyer, last year, with arguably better weapons) do we reckon DeAndre Hopkins could be off to a team with a decent QB in the offseason? It would take a mega deal for him to stay, which they spunked on Brock

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

So what with Osweiler being awful (worse stats than Hoyer, last year, with arguably better weapons) do we reckon DeAndre Hopkins could be off to a team with a decent QB in the offseason? It would take a mega deal for him to stay, which they spunked on Brock

Hopefully. He was QB proof last year but Osweiler is just so so bad. 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If (and it's a big if) the Vikings can upset the Cowboys and we can win in Pittsburgh then the SNF game between us next week will be for the NFC number 1 seed

Looking at the current injury report that's one of the biggest ifs I can imagine.