NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Fully behind the Vegas move. The Las Vegas Raiders sounds excellent, imo. It's a city that fits the image of the team, and of course it means the Raiders will become financially relevant again, which just isn't possible when you're in a small market like Oakland. Especially one which has no money.

The "oh but there's gambling" argument is a total non-issue.

Edited by Nightmare

Fully behind the Vegas move. The Las Vegas Raiders sounds excellent, imo. It's a city that fits the image of the team, and of course it means the Raiders will become financially relevant again, which just isn't possible when you're in a small market like Oakland. Especially one which has no money.
The "oh but there's gambling" argument is a total non-issue.

Hope it works out. I have no affinity to Oakland but I sort of started following them because of my auntie and uncle who stay in Livermore. Not asked them what they think about it yet.

Won't really bother me, the only thing is it'll maybe put a bit of a dampener on the next few years? Atmosphere at home games will be extremely awkward.

Vegas does sound pretty cool though, and I plan on going to a game so a Vegas holiday will be better than an Oakland one. ;)

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hope it works out. I have no affinity to Oakland but I sort of started following them because of my auntie and uncle who stay in Livermore. Not asked them what they think about it yet.

Won't really bother me, the only thing is it'll maybe put a bit of a dampener on the next few years? Atmosphere at home games will be extremely awkward.

Vegas does sound pretty cool though, and I plan on going to a game so a Vegas holiday will be better than an Oakland one. ;)

Oakland has enough diehards that will support the team regardless. Many of them have seen this all happen before, still supported the team in Los Angeles and will still do in Las Vegas. But it's shite on them, no doubt.

I'm also planning a Vegas holiday which I'd like to coincide with a Raiders game. Will be a bit disappointed if I've got to wait until 2019 for it, tbh...

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Still more recent than Da Bears emoji45.png

Yeah but the Bears will always be remembered ;) 

Anyway, Pro-Bowl anyone care?  No? Thought not.  Only reason the Pro-Bowl is worth anything is to remember Sean Taylor's hit on Bills former punter Brian Moorman

Maybe more for the Gaming forum but I've been playing the Franchise part of Madden 17. Into my 3rd season and I've just noticed that the Chargers have disappeared and been replaced with the "Austin Armadillos"! [emoji54]

So...
Seattle under investigation, Miami given final warning on Concussion Protocol, and Zeke Elliot's domestic abuse investigation still on going.  Is there anything else? 

Under investigation for what?

Maybe more for the Gaming forum but I've been playing the Franchise part of Madden 17. Into my 3rd season and I've just noticed that the Chargers have disappeared and been replaced with the "Austin Armadillos"! [emoji54]

That's a brilliant name. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Former Buccaneer and Bronco player (and current commentator) John Lynch has got the GM job in San Francisco! Bit of a surprise that

On the face of it seems like a bloody dreadful appointment. He hasn't got any experience in scouting or personnel outside of commentating. This has shades of a Matt Millen standard of appointment.

Edited by Sloop John B

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

On the face of it seems like a bloody dreadful appointment. He hasn't got any experience in scouting or personnel outside of commentating. This has shades of a Matt Millen standard of appointment.

Nobody with any real NFL experience is going near that job. :lol:

1 hour ago, GingerSaint said:

Nobody with any real NFL experience is going near that job. :lol:

It takes some doing to be the worst owner in the NFL but Jed York might have beaten out a man who has relocated to an MLS ground, a man who finds the term 'Redskins' to not be offensive and several actual crooks.

Right so 9ers have given a 6 year deal as GM to a tv analyst who had no front office experience whatsoever and has not even worked as a scout. What could possibly go wrong.

Edited by Jute

Right so 9ers have given a year deal as GM to a tv analyst who had no front office experience whatsoever and has not even worked as a scout. What could possibly go wrong.

It's an absolute tyre fire but he always comes across as a decent guy so I hope he does well. Even going 4-12 would be a success surely