Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mr Rational came by and announced that some wifie had been given "abuse" (unspecified) after attempting to hand out balloons to children, or something like that. I think he reckoned the situation was under control because they were "fucking cowards" and that the SNP had some "big lads" at the event. So its possible that the group of neds were issued with a kicking but we haven't heard anything further.

I stated that I'd have dismissed her summarily (using colourful language possibly) if she had attempted to foist balloons on my kids. And a Motherwell fan called me a "shitebag" and I think he offered me a square go. I'm not 100% certain if he did as I haven't read back.

I think it was inferred that these neds were Better Together unionist types.

A few of the nationalist clown collective in here were then slagged off for being SNP balloon inflators, and there was a bit of faux outrage as you'd expect. Apart from that, not a lot.

So, pension figures? Still waiting. Its been several months now. What happened to the "fun" you were going to have releasing spoilers, and then your big reveal to "humiliate" me?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't answer my question.

So, you expect Osbourne and the BoE to set their position in stone but the Nats are allowed to chop and change depending on what direction the wind is blowing.

It's pretty much the other way round. YS and the SNP are supposed to know exactly what tax levels and interest rates ar egoing to be in an independent Scotland in 2030, at least according to BT, whereas Westminster refuses to set out any kind of concrete proposals on what the Union will look like in the event of a No vote.

Why would they do that?

They would just set out their terms for allowing it post secession knowing they have new Scotland over a barrel

Cameron has stated that there will be no pre referendum talks and the economic boot is on Scotlands foot as the rUK need Scotland in the sterling zone . As a freely traded currency they have no say on it..That has been pointed out before on this thread. Do pay attention.

Reynard all you have to do is decline the offer of a balloon you don't have to be a knob about it.

:lol:

Coming from the deflector in chief? :lol:

I'm still waiting of evidence of me being "caught" lying.

If it helps HB, I will not keep myself quite at your level. When you provide my quote of what I actually said, then I will answer your question. Can't say fairer than that, right? After all, without the quote, I could have said anything. :)

Cameron has stated that there will be no pre referendum talks and the economic boot is on Scotlands foot as the rUK need Scotland in the sterling zone .  As a freely traded currency they have no say on it..That has been pointed out before on this thread.  Do pay attention.

Reynard all you have to do is decline the offer of a balloon you don't have to be a knob about it.

Really... in what way does rUK 'need' Scotland in the Sterling zone?

Cameron has stated that there will be no pre referendum talks and the economic boot is on Scotlands foot as the rUK need Scotland in the sterling zone . As a freely traded currency they have no say on it..That has been pointed out before on this thread. Do pay attention.

Actually, I think I'd just accept it now after all the effort you went to blowing them up for me. It would be so rude to decline.

If it helps HB, I will not keep myself quite at your level. When you provide my quote of what I actually said, then I will answer your question. Can't say fairer than that, right? After all, without the quote, I could have said anything. :)

But its on the deleted thread... how am i supposed to quote it when its gone? :huh:

Were they proper helium ballons on a string or were they shitty ASDA ones on a plastic pole with YES written on it in marker pen that gives the false impression of "floating"?

I wouldn't want the latter because you couldn't make a small incision near the knot to let enough helium out so I could inhale it and tell them to f**k off in a Joe Pasquali type voice.

But its on the deleted thread... how am i supposed to quote it when its gone? :huh:

So how am I supposed to answer the question if I don't know what im supposed to be defending?

Once again, the problem here is your track record.

Really... in what way does rUK 'need' Scotland in the Sterling zone?

I don't know that they'd 'need' Scotland, but there would surely be a bit of an readjustment if that part of the UK's GDP associated with Scotland were no longer trading in Sterling, thus affecting Sterling's value?

It would be, I think, in everyone's best interest to maintain a short term currency union.

I don't know that they'd 'need' Scotland, but there would surely be a bit of an readjustment if that part of the UK's GDP associated with Scotland were no longer trading in Sterling, thus affecting Sterling's value?

It would be, I think, in everyone's best interest to maintain a short term currency union.

Dont disagree with that, but to pretend that the UK needs Scotland in a currency union is laughable

So, we have no objections to Brian Quinn being a credible expert on financial matters?

hmmmm, lets see what he says...

prof quin

could be considered "riskier",

and that an assumption

does not appear

link

Dont disagree with that, but to pretend that the UK needs Scotland in a currency union is laughable

So 'need' is the wrong word, but no doubt such a short term currency union would be desirable, or even optimal for both sides of the fence, no? So long as it didn't come with too many strings attached from either side.

Still not answering my question. Any objections to Brian Quinn's credibility on these financial matters?

credibility on what...he isnt really saying much

he did say this though clicky

In a paper for the Edinburgh-based David Hume Institute thinktank, Quinn said that while sharing sterling and financial regulation with the UK was the best option for Scotland, it was a solution riddled with significant difficulties

So he admits its the best option for Scotland will be a currency union...just that there will be some hurdles to overcome...

still dont see why a unionist would be trumpeting this guy :blink:

Archived