Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More whataboutery. You rubbish one poll and advocate another simply because it suits your agenda.

Lets forget polls for a moment, it's boring chat.

I'm more interested in hearing why you believe Scotland should not be an independent nation, what benefits do we get from staying within the union?

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it won't be me, polls are meaningless this far out for both sides.

As I said they are only there to batter the other side with or give hope to your own side's activists, nothing more.

I might pay attention 6 week to go, maybe 4....

Given the disparate polling methodologies, preamble and questions, you have the Scotsman reporting Yes in the lead and a thumping all time record low for the Yes vote in the same space.....

By the way, Wings weren't interested in repeating the same sort of poll. They wanted to see other info that the media weren't asking.

Preshishely. Wings questions were set to highlight the lack of logic displayed by many no voters. They say they don't want independence, but do want Holyrood to take full control of defence, economy, tax etc. Just don't call it independence.

By approaching it from a different angle, and addressing these issues one at a time, it demonstrated much higher levels of support for "independence" than the other polls (based on a Yes/no) indicated.

I haven't read the article since the day it came out, but wasn't the space monsters question a dig at the MSM, who were happy to report a poll that people in red trousers shouldn't be trusted?

I'm not the only one on here I'm sure, but I've been told to ignore the polls which is precisely what I am doing.

I trust my instinct and my canvass way more than a poll from either side. That means no is still ahead, but DK are still the majority. It is going to be down to the last six weeks on the doorstep.

Polls are a snap shot of opinion. Doesn't mean people will have the same opinion this time next year and that's what you have to bear in mind.

They are useful for a headline in the propaganda war that's going on just now. That's why the Unionist media put such importance on them.

I'm more interested in hearing why you believe Scotland should not be an independent nation, what benefits do we get from staying within the union?

Any unionists is more than welcome to answer my questions

Any unionists is more than welcome to answer my questions

:ph34r:

we get to punch above our weight when going to war in other countries

we can claim a triple A credit rating, even when we dont have one

we get to play with nuclear subs

we dont need our voice heard on the international stage, Westminster speaks for us

we get 1000's of our servicemen paid off, safe in the knowledge the we're still part of the UK so dont really need them

we get the honour of voting in national elections...even though our votes dont really count

I could go on all day but id rather not

edited for spelling :unsure2:

Why don't you run a comparison of number of posts I made on yesterday's poll and the number I made on todays, and you can then admit you've made a bollocks of your accusation.

Volume of posts does not correlate to amount of care given.

Colkitto's position here becomes more laughable by the day :lol:

So, just to check, this preamble isn't at all leading and yesterday's one is ?

Why did this poll have a "leading" preamble? Why didn't it just ask the question?

Volume of posts does not correlate to amount of care given.

So how are you measuring it? inverse volume? I posted a hell of a lot last night out of snugness. Its nice when all the pieces cone together to prove me right!

Loved seeing HB et al having to backpedal. It was like a mini version of the imminent euro failure thread.

So how are you measuring it? inverse volume? I posted a hell of a lot last night out of snugness. Its nice when all the pieces cone together to prove me right!

Loved seeing HB et al having to backpedal. It was like a mini version of the imminent euro failure thread.

What do you make of this dubious poll, with the leading wording?

Nowhere near as dubious as XBL's evidence of "systematic tactics of intimidation" by "Project Fear".

Still waiting on an answer from you on the previous page.

I didn't think I'm asking a lot

Archived