Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

because what you have right now isn't a 'HD 1080p 3D television': it's barely a fucking shadow puppet show on your wall.

Another analogy would be he does have his TV, but he only joint owns it and the other partners has complete control over the remote.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it it just, well, pure coincidence that you happen to agree with him when he casts doubt on the validity of a non-SNP commissioned poll with results you don't like, and it's similarly just a happy coincidence that your views happen to disagree with him when he disses an SNP commissioned poll and the results contained therein?

Have you worked out if this latest poll is "dodgy" yet?

How is the graph looking now in terms of Yes overtaking No?

When weighting the poll why didn't it reflect the current political situation in Scotland? Given the huge SNP majority in 2011 and where they still are in the polls at present, why did they happen to ask more Labour voters than SNP voters for instance?

Another analogy would be he does have his TV, but he only joint owns it and the other partners has complete control over the remote.

Maybe I do share the TV but I also co-own a vast array of appliances which I have access to. You're overplaying the remote problem, my TV has two remotes. I wouldn't be happy giving up all of these options in return for the dodgy TV described previously.

Maybe I do share the TV but I also co-own a vast array of appliances which I have access to. You're overplaying the remote problem, my TV has two remotes. I wouldn't be happy giving up all of these options in return for the dodgy TV described previously.

Yup, and you have the broken one

When weighting the poll why didn't it reflect the current political situation in Scotland? Given the huge SNP majority in 2011 and where they still are in the polls at present, why did they happen to ask more Labour voters than SNP voters for instance?

Random sampling is random. As soon as a pollster starts targeting and hand pocking a specific audience their work is meaningless and their credibility is shot.

The very nature of random sampling means that the will always be discrepancies. Different polling companies deal with these discrepancies in the different ways and there is no right answer (within reason) provided the methodology is transparent. Polling headline results must be read in conjunction. With the full narrative.

Do you not understand this?

Yeah, but your remote only controls the colour and the other appliances are locked up in a cupboard so you can't use them.

We are all (except XBL right enough) living examples of the union working adequately. There is no better or more robust case.

Hey SpecialB, tell that to these kids clicky

Barry, did you click on that link???

Do you still think we are all living examples of the union working adequately???

Random sampling is random. As soon as a pollster starts targeting and hand pocking a specific audience their work is meaningless and their credibility is shot.

The very nature of random sampling means that the will always be discrepancies. Different polling companies deal with these discrepancies in the different ways and there is no right answer (within reason) provided the methodology is transparent. Polling headline results must be read in conjunction. With the full narrative.

Do you not understand this?

Polling is weighted, do you not understand this?

No, its a solid gold tv powered by the tears of faeries. A hopeless fantasy that only the most delusional even talk about.

Can we keep all of the Panelbase and none of the YouGov in an independent Scotland?

Ah.. i knew it was dodgy - had to be.

If only the SNP commissioned all polls, we'd have a chance of getting accurate data in this campaign.

It's interesting that the UKPolling report website, which sounds quite Unionist so is no doubt biased, has only one poll it has had to asterisk with the following :-

(*) NB – Panelbase/SNP question was asked after other questions that could have had a potential skewing affect

:rolleyes:

Ah.. i knew it was dodgy - had to be.

If only the SNP commissioned all polls, we'd have a chance of getting accurate data in this campaign.

Well, if you disagree with me then explain why you do instead of making infantile sarcastic remarks.

Yet another lie from Barry

On tablet, so can't link, but TNS/BMRB news and events page has details of the poll

The notes for editors section states that the poll IS weighted

With reference to political party allegiances (which is precisely what Baxter was referring to), the TNS poll is unweighted.

No lie from me.

It's interesting that the UKPolling report website, which sounds quite Unionist so is no doubt biased, has only one poll it has had to asterisk with the following :-

(*) NB – Panelbase/SNP question was asked after other questions that could have had a potential skewing affect

:rolleyes:

Yes, funny that. I made thaw very same point yesterday. He told me I was wrong.....

Archived