Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The point is, No supporters don't have to. That's why they are in the box seat.

No can magnanimously say "We'll look at all available polling data, even that commissioned by the SNP and take an average". It's a much much more honest approach. Even taking into account the SNP poll, No are still completely validated by the data.

Nobody gets "validated" by an opinion poll, twit.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will promise to read the article, and comment on my take on it, if you answer the question I have posed and 1 follow up question.

Deal?

I don't have faith in any polling having looked at their methodology. Lets take a look at the last four polls on independence.

The Angus Read poll only had 500 or so respondents. That's not a large enough sample

The YouGov poll had a leading preamble to the question asked. I can't take that seriously given the lead up to the question.

PanelBase had a couple of questions before the actual indy question. I personally didn't think they were leading questions, but they should have asked the indy question first for fairness.

The TNS poll has a majority of Labour voters which doesn't reflect the current political balance. They also included people who were not going to vote. That's just ridiculous.

So all the polls seem skewed to a certain extent. Can we really take these polls and form an opinion as to where we are in the independence battle? No not really.

My own take on it is the No still leads on probably 42% Yes on 38% with 20% don't knows.

I don't have faith in any polling having looked at their methodology. Lets take a look at the last four polls on independence.

The Angus Read poll only had 500 or so respondents. That's not a large enough sample

The YouGov poll had a leading preamble to the question asked. I can't take that seriously given the lead up to the question.

PanelBase had a couple of questions before the actual indy question. I personally didn't think they were leading questions, but they should have asked the indy question first for fairness.

The TNS poll has a majority of Labour voters which doesn't reflect the current political balance. They also included people who were not going to vote. That's just ridiculous.

So all the polls seem skewed to a certain extent. Can we really take these polls and form an opinion as to where we are in the independence battle? No not really.

My own take on it is the No still leads on probably 42% Yes on 38% with 20% don't knows.

Personally I would put NO at around 45% with YES at 35%.

Scottish Independence campaigner, 80, attacked

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-campaigner-80-attacked-1-3077094

A PRO-INDEPENDENCE campaigner has been assaulted on Edinburgh’s Royal Mile by a woman who was outraged at his Yes placard.

Monstrous woman’ broke campaigner’s wrist by pushing him to the ground.

Scottish Independence campaigner, 80, attacked

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-campaigner-80-attacked-1-3077094

A PRO-INDEPENDENCE campaigner has been assaulted on Edinburgh’s Royal Mile by a woman who was outraged at his Yes placard.

Monstrous woman’ broke campaigner’s wrist by pushing him to the ground.

'It is understood the woman did not say anything to Mr McMillan". How does he know it was anything to do with independence then?

Ridiculous behaviour by the woman though. We'll probably have one or two fist fights before this thing is over

'It is understood the woman did not say anything to Mr McMillan". How does he know it was anything to do with independence then?

Ridiculous behaviour by the woman though. We'll probably have one or two fist fights before this thing is over

Don't think we need call in Slipper of the Yard to figure that one out. :lol:

It's true though.

As you're a Celtic fan who have a track record of soaking up republican propaganda without question then there is a slight chance that you might just actually be serious. So if you are indeed a living, breathing Celtic stereotype then you might find these stats on the Northern Ireland troubles helpful

Responsibility for killing

Republican paramilitary groups 2057

Loyalist paramilitary groups 1019

British security forces 363

Persons unknown 82

Irish security forces 5

Just for clarity these figures aren't some Panelbase poll guesstimate. It's cold dead bodies in the ground.

As you're a Celtic fan who have a track record of soaking up republican propaganda without question then there is a slight chance that you might just actually be serious. So if you are indeed a living, breathing Celtic stereotype then you might find these stats on the Northern Ireland troubles helpful

Responsibility for killing

Republican paramilitary groups 2057

Loyalist paramilitary groups 1019

British security forces 363

Persons unknown 82

Irish security forces 5

Just for clarity these figures aren't some Panelbase poll guesstimate. It's cold dead bodies in the ground.

Sorry you don't have the first clue about me. Now feel free to provide proof of my "track record of soaking up republican propaganda"

This should be fun, as just the other day I was accused of being anti Irish by fellow Celtic fans.

I wasn't talking about sectarian violence during the troubles, I was meaning the recent example of the flag protests.

As for the the stats, I really couldn't give a f**k about who kills who in that back water shithole. At least we won't need to fund it anymore if we do become independent.

Thanks for the stereotype input though, judging someone due to the football team they support :lol:

No I won't.

I never do.

If I do vote, I'll certainly be voting no alongside the vast majority of my fellow countrymen and women. <_<

Voting no to your own country becoming an independent sovereign state.

Must be soul destroying likes.

Thanks for the stereotype input though, judging someone due to the football team they support :lol:

Sme poor guy gets assaulted in the street for having an independence banner. Someone randomly brings Ireland into the conversation. I'd put money on that someone being an Old Firm fan and it was.

I find it a bit odd you getting a bit sensitive about stereotyping. Didn't seem to bother you when you were saying people with a political preference for being in the UK have a tendency for violence based on the behaviour of a few flag protesters in a different country

Sme poor guy gets assaulted in the street for having an independence banner. Someone randomly brings Ireland into the conversation. I'd put money on that someone being an Old Firm fan and it was.

I find it a bit odd you getting a bit sensitive about stereotyping. Didn't seem to bother you when you were saying people with a political preference for being in the UK have a tendency for violence based on the behaviour of a few flag protesters in a different country

I'll assume that haven't provided any proof of my "track record" regarding republican propaganda confirms you're talking shite and just can't admit you are wrong?

Feel free to disprove me of course or apologise.

Unionism and violence are no strangers to each other, right across the UK. I was only using NI as a recent example, but your little rant about Irish republican killing more people than unionists did make me laugh as it shows your missed the point spectacularly or that I give a f**k about either of them.

I'm not upset about you stereotyping me, it says more about you for having such a mind set.

Judging people due to the football team they support. Really? :lol:

Now you have 3 options here, you can either reply back with proof regarding your comments about me

Make another nonsense post so I can once again rip it apart

Or, just admit to yourself you got it wrong on this occasion and don't bother replying back

Archived