Battlefield 4

Mr Hahn

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks epic. What platforms are they going to be releasing this for. PC obviously but surely won't make PS3 and Xbox 360.

I'm assuming it'll be on the next gen consoles. I can't see this being a pleasurable experience at all on the current gen consoles tbh.

Some changes I hope there are between BF3 and BF4, hopefully get some debate going.

1. Remove jets. I don't know how popular this would be among the community as a whole but I think they have to go. I think they're so difficult to balance to make them both useful but no overpowered. Right now, in the current state of BF3, they are hideously overpowered imo. One jet pilot if he's competent can shut down a teams armour and helicopters which is a huge advantage. One jet pilot if he's good can easily ruin the fun for everyone on the opposing team. The only counter for jets is jets which is why I think they should go.

2. Remove or tweak suppression. I hate this mechanic. It rewards players with bad aim for missing by blurring the enemy's vision and making their bullets go everywhere. I don't really have an issue with the blurry screen but the random bullet deviation when suppressed is the most absurd thing I've seen in an fps. The sniper class suffers most at this hand because once you're suppressed, 9 times out of 10, it's death. You're very unlikely to hit your shot.

3. Class balancing. I think it's fairly obvious that in BF3 the best class is the assault. You have the best weapons plus the best gadgets in the medic kit and defibrillator. I personally think going back to the Bad Company 2 class structure would be awesome. I thought that game had a wide variety of classes that people played and I though in general the classes were much better balanced.

4. Remove lock on missiles. What a load of shite these things are. They remove all the skill from infantry taking out an air vehicle and they're so fucking annoying when you're flying a helicopter. I'd love to see the return of the AT4 from Bad Company 2 which was pure skill required to use. I loved that thing and it was so satisfying to take down a chopper with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love BF3. These are just my suggestions.

Some changes I hope there are between BF3 and BF4, hopefully get some debate going.

1. Remove jets. I don't know how popular this would be among the community as a whole but I think they have to go. I think they're so difficult to balance to make them both useful but no overpowered. Right now, in the current state of BF3, they are hideously overpowered imo. One jet pilot if he's competent can shut down a teams armour and helicopters which is a huge advantage. One jet pilot if he's good can easily ruin the fun for everyone on the opposing team. The only counter for jets is jets which is why I think they should go.

2. Remove or tweak suppression. I hate this mechanic. It rewards players with bad aim for missing by blurring the enemy's vision and making their bullets go everywhere. I don't really have an issue with the blurry screen but the random bullet deviation when suppressed is the most absurd thing I've seen in an fps. The sniper class suffers most at this hand because once you're suppressed, 9 times out of 10, it's death. You're very unlikely to hit your shot.

3. Class balancing. I think it's fairly obvious that in BF3 the best class is the assault. You have the best weapons plus the best gadgets in the medic kit and defibrillator. I personally think going back to the Bad Company 2 class structure would be awesome. I thought that game had a wide variety of classes that people played and I though in general the classes were much better balanced.

4. Remove lock on missiles. What a load of shite these things are. They remove all the skill from infantry taking out an air vehicle and they're so fucking annoying when you're flying a helicopter. I'd love to see the return of the AT4 from Bad Company 2 which was pure skill required to use. I loved that thing and it was so satisfying to take down a chopper with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love BF3. These are just my suggestions.

1. Never found a jet pilot who is that competent to be honest- but that is on Xbox. I'd keep them in, don't use them but they can be useful to taxi your ass across the map!

2. They tweaked it on Xbox I think because suppression shake isn't that bad. Most of the time when I get it, I'm dead before I can react- suppression or not but I play Hardcore.

3. I think the classes are alright. I play them all, but don't have any problems with them- certainly the amount of times I'm revived I can't see a lot playing assault!

4. Can't agree. A good helicopter pilot can destroy you, stingers or not. However this might be because it's 12 aside on consoles, not 32.

A lot of this can be caused by the differences between consoles and PCs and trying to keep them both similar.

1. Never found a jet pilot who is that competent to be honest- but that is on Xbox. I'd keep them in, don't use them but they can be useful to taxi your ass across the map!

2. They tweaked it on Xbox I think because suppression shake isn't that bad. Most of the time when I get it, I'm dead before I can react- suppression or not but I play Hardcore.

3. I think the classes are alright. I play them all, but don't have any problems with them- certainly the amount of times I'm revived I can't see a lot playing assault!

4. Can't agree. A good helicopter pilot can destroy you, stingers or not. However this might be because it's 12 aside on consoles, not 32.

A lot of this can be caused by the differences between consoles and PCs and trying to keep them both similar.

Yeh it seems a lot of our differences in opinion are from the console/PC divide.

On PC there are some extremely good jet pilots and they're a fucking pain in the arse. I was playing in a server not so long ago and our team just got utterly destroyed by a jet clan. One of them had over 80,000 jet kills when I looked at his stats.

I have actually never tried hardcore so am not sure the role suppression would play there.

I also play all the classes but if I want to get a good score, it's assault I'm going to be playing. The standard 32 man rush game on PC will have 80% assaults.

Maybe that's one advantage of lower player counts! Flying a heli on a 64 player game is really quite difficult. 2 jets, their heli, possibly a scout heli, soflams and if even 2 of their players are using stingers it's nearly impossible tbh.

Yeh it seems a lot of our differences in opinion are from the console/PC divide.

On PC there are some extremely good jet pilots and they're a fucking pain in the arse. I was playing in a server not so long ago and our team just got utterly destroyed by a jet clan. One of them had over 80,000 jet kills when I looked at his stats.

I have actually never tried hardcore so am not sure the role suppression would play there.

I also play all the classes but if I want to get a good score, it's assault I'm going to be playing. The standard 32 man rush game on PC will have 80% assaults.

Maybe that's one advantage of lower player counts! Flying a heli on a 64 player game is really quite difficult. 2 jets, their heli, possibly a scout heli, soflams and if even 2 of their players are using stingers it's nearly impossible tbh.

80000 Jet Kills. A message of Get a Life springs to mind!

A lot of the problems will come from trying to make the game work over so many different platforms.

I have to say the satisfaction of downing a chopper that's been raping a team with the S-IGLA is epic :)

80000 Jet Kills. A message of Get a Life springs to mind!

A lot of the problems will come from trying to make the game work over so many different platforms.

I have to say the satisfaction of downing a chopper that's been raping a team with the S-IGLA is epic :)

I know, that's a quite ghastly amount of kills.

I tend to check some people's stats if they top the leaderboard in a round just to see how good they are.

I remember one guy who had over 2000 hours played, a 10.3 k/d and 10000 kills with the M320. 64 player metro seemed to be his territory :lol:

I know, that's a quite ghastly amount of kills.

I tend to check some people's stats if they top the leaderboard in a round just to see how good they are.

I remember one guy who had over 2000 hours played, a 10.3 k/d and 10000 kills with the M320. 64 player metro seemed to be his territory :lol:

I've being playing BF3 for about a year, if not more, yet I have only 21000 kills in total. To get 80,000 jet kills he must be on for huge periods of time. Or as Battlefield Friends would say he definitely has a shitbucket and isn't getting any sex!

I've being playing BF3 for about a year, if not more, yet I have only 21000 kills in total. To get 80,000 jet kills he must be on for huge periods of time. Or as Battlefield Friends would say he definitely has a shitbucket and isn't getting any sex!

Just rechecked the guy's stats, he's actually got about 55000. Don't know where I got 80000 from but still a quite ridiculous amount of kills.

• 3 weeks later...

Best thing about new entries to the Battlefield franchise is EA implementing the new Frostbite engine. The game looks amazing but the potential for other EA in house games will be pyoor brilliant. Heres hoping for a better single player campaign but in all honesty, who cares about that side of things?

• 1 month later...

That looks tremendous. I fucking love battlefield.

Don't know how I feel about the return of the commander but apart from that I love everything I've seen so far. I'm interested to hear more on what they've done to balance the classes too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Beta starts today. Not sure if the console guys have it yet but it started this morning at 9am for PC.

I've had a couple of games and quite enjoying it. There's the usual hassle of getting controls sorted and mouse sensitivity plus, even on low settings, it's kicking my PC's arse. Good thing I've got upgrades coming.

Other than that it's good though, not being able to spam the spot key is something I'll need to get used to though!

Archived