The East Fife Thread

15 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Well, getting knocked out by Brora a few years back doesn't look that a bad a result after all! 

Losing to Hearts in the League Cup earlier this season does though.

Edited by Gordon EF

On 23/03/2021 at 21:50, Life on Marrs? said:

According to BBC website, neither side has had a shot at goal. Just kick them both out & gie us the Bye!

Yes BBC did not do any stats for the game. Not that the actual stats were that interesting.

Biggest concern is our failure to score over the last 210 mins.

Don't expect much different from when you last did us. 1 v 0 or o v 1. Saying that we skelped Brorra up there after a replay last year. 

What's the PPV story for my donation?

Brett Long making the SPFL Team of the Week after Saturdays display, well deserved!!!
IMG_1617127915.993939.thumb.jpg.5c5558d61fd2879901c07a65d32c9853.jpg

I notice that he’s such a hit Montrose are using him on their advertising for tonight’s game!!!
IMG_1617128039.644201.jpg.319c3c6d628982799b4d0e3484eb6c3b.jpg

The less said about the match last night, the better.  

Serious questions for DY creeping in for me now. I'm not usually one for jumping on the "sack-the-manager" bandwagon, but it is becoming increasingly clear that he tends to stick with the same players week in week out and approaching matches with the "hope for the best" tactics. Does it not occur to DY that this (perhaps unintentionally) could send a very, VERY bad message to the rest players on the bench who are hardly ever given an opportunity? 

Difficult to disagree with any of the post match comments.Montrose on the night were a far better team with each of their players contributing to their team effort.

From an EF point of view , quite easy to understand why Slattery, Smith and Dunsmore were hooked at halftime. I agree that by halftime the game was lost but formation -wise,I felt that 3-5-2 was better suited to the players rather than whatever that first half system was supposed to be. The only midfielder who is currently showing consistency and desire is Ross Davidson.

I do not think that Agnew and Swanson can play in the same team and do think that there needs to be a second defensive midfielder in place to support Davidson.

Fash has returned to Kelty who apparently do not want to extend his loan as they do not wish their players injured prior to potential play-offs.Although there may well be a signing today,the thought of Keven Smith, Sean Brown and Ryan Wallace being our frontline for the duration of the season does not exactly enthuse me.

Clyde tomorrow night is massive. Morton is unfortunately a side attraction.

As a club , I feel we have been too ready to offer 2 year deals to players.It is one thing a player in their late teens/ early twenties.with potential- but players in their 30's?

Darren Young has shown extreme loyalty to the bulk of the current playing staff to the detriment of bringing in younger hungrier players. 7 of our players are over 30.

The remainder of the season will reveal whether Darren has taken the club as far as he can.

In the 18 game season we have played the top three teams twice. We have Clyde , Patrick, and Peterhead at home. We have away day trips to Airdrie , Forfar and Dumbarton. On paper all games that we have every chance in. Last night was so predictable Montrose have had our number for a while.  We have had some alarming performances on the road this season and you knew that Montrose would punish us if we produced another heartless and lack lustre performance. I think Thursday will be a turning point 3 points puts us joint 4th. A loss and I’m afraid it’s going to be another season of if only and what ifs. We’ll see if Darren has what it takes to get the best out the squad to take us to play offs. Can we go on a good run at the business end of the season.Last few seasons we have folded like a pack of cards at the crucial time. Let’s hope Darren and the players can be motivated by our failures in the last few seasons. Time will tell if the management team and players have learned any lessons from our previous failures.