The Universe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard something the other day about some scientists saying that there might never have been a big bang and that everything may have been happening forever.

I can't remember where I heard it and who said it though.

• 4 weeks later...

33368OZ.gif

Space X managed to land their first stage on a barge at sea. This brings reusable rockets a step closer. They also launched the Bigalow Space inflatable module that aims to make building space stations cheaper. The ISS resupply ship they are using is the model for the next generation manned capsule, an uncrewed version is slotted to fly in December 2016 and if all goes well a crewed flight in April 2017. Perhaps a year till the US regains manned flight status. 

Sending a satellite/spaceship to another solar system by making it tiny and using a laser to boost speed?

30 years instead of 30,000 years apparently.

Still like throwing a pin into the sea and hoping to catch a fish but pretty cool.

I heard something the other day about some scientists saying that there might never have been a big bang and that everything may have been happening forever.

I can't remember where I heard it and who said it though.

Hibs are shite.

The Big Bang.

Hibs are shite.

This image of the Space Shuttle Endeavour, which was over 100ft long, gives me the fear. The size of the actual Universe makes me want to spew

555830main_134launchthroughclouds_full.j

This image of the Space Shuttle Endeavour, which was over 100ft long, gives me the fear. The size of the actu Universe makes me want to spew

If something as tiny as the universe makes you spew, never* read the Wait But Why article about Graham's Number, I've posted it up before.

Also, the size of e.g. the human body on a universal scale is fucking enormous. We're not small.

*Actually, highly recommended reading.