Reasons to be Cheerful

It's a '76 so rubber bumper 1500cc but it's got wire wheels. Soft top but planning to get a hardtop so it can be used in the wetter and colder months.

Nice....get some pics up to show the progress of the project :-)

You think that's good? I practically creamed my pants when I first went on a bullet train. Something else.

Jings, when I go to Japan I think that's the first thing I'll do! Must be quite something compared to what we have here!

That is a cool car.

I've heard old mg's are reasonable cheap to do up, due to an abundance of cheap parts available.

The tooling of a lot of MGs was salvaged by people like Moss and the MG Owners Club, the result is you could just about build most virtually from scratch I'd you wanted to.

They're relatively cheap to maintain for cars of that age and pretty solid. My dad has a BGT and he's been able to rebuild his engine with reasonably good mechanical skill. By contrast, my uncle has a Triumph 2000 and despite being as mechanically competent and as car mad, it's been off the road for several years now because he can't get replacement wings (his own have bad corrosion) as they're just so scarce.

Getting delivered to us some point next week by the seller. Here's a sneak peak though.

MG Midget.JPG

Very nice mate....looks in decent condition. Just a pity the bumper aren't chrome.....looks even better that way in my opinion.

Smart though mate....wasn't trying to put a downer on your purchase.

Very nice mate....looks in decent condition. Just a pity the bumper aren't chrome.....looks even better that way in my opinion.

Smart though mate....wasn't trying to put a downer on your purchase.

My dad's partial to the chrome bumper (his MGB is a '67 reg so has one) and I generally agree it's a nicer look, but the Midget wears the rubber bumper far better than the B does in my opinion. Might be ripe for a chrome bumper conversion some point in the future but the priority just now is to get a hard-top and get it on the road.

My dad's partial to the chrome bumper (his MGB is a '67 reg so has one) and I generally agree it's a nicer look, but the Midget wears the rubber bumper far better than the B does in my opinion. Might be ripe for a chrome bumper conversion some point in the future but the priority just now is to get a hard-top and get it on the road.

I'd say its more a classic look than better look....you're quite right to prioritise the works required.

Keep us posted with the pics mate....only a matter of time before you've got the burds fighting for a "ride" ! ;)

I'd say its more a classic look than better look....you're quite right to prioritise the works required.

Keep us posted with the pics mate....only a matter of time before you've got the burds fighting for a "ride" ! ;)

As Not the Nine O'Clock News put it "a ride for a ride" :lol: