Reasons to be Cheerful

Just got confirmation that I'll be starting a new job next month! It's as a telephone banking apprentice with Lloyds. Very happy after being stuck working in kitchens since I was a teenager I'll finally be doing something different.

Pleased for you Bert, hopefully you still have a chunk of your redundancy left.

Just got confirmation that I'll be starting a new job next month! It's as a telephone banking apprentice with Lloyds. Very happy after being stuck working in kitchens since I was a teenager I'll finally be doing something different.

Congratulations. I look forward to giving you abuse and hanging up on you when you interrupt my dinner. :P

Had a great night at the Malting's theatre last night watching Chubby Brown. Haven't had a pint with my two sons for a while neither, which was good. Scottish cup day up at Coldstream. Hols for a week, going to London for 5 days, booked for "let it be" and "Charlie and the chocolate factory". 1st class tickets for the train. Best of all, just me and my soulmate for a week

It's Brechin v Dunfermline today.

So what you say? Well, both my brothers are Pars fans and this is the first time we've played each other competitively since we've been following football (mid 90's) so we're making a proper day and night of it.

Quite incredible it's taken so long really. Any time Brechin were promoted to the 1st, the Pars got promoted to the Premier League and of course, we were always immediately relegated.

It's Brechin v Dunfermline today.

So what you say? Well, both my brothers are Pars fans and this is the first time we've played each other competitively since we've been following football (mid 90's) so we're making a proper day and night of it.

Quite incredible it's taken so long really. Any time Brechin were promoted to the 1st, the Pars got promoted to the Premier League and of course, we were always immediately relegated.

You may already know this, but the last time Brechin v Dunfermline played competitively was 1994. Dunfermline won 2-1

And in the entire existence of both teams Dunfermline have won 27 of the 37 games, Brechin have won 5 and 5 have been drawn. Brechin just about average a goal a game, while Dunfermline average just over 3.

I predict 3-1 Dunfermline. Sorry