Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

2 question and serious ones too.

Do they have orange walks in England?

&

Could Scotland beat an OO select XI?

Yes , there was a big one in southport on Saturday and as far as I am aware Liverpool also has a big walk of its own Edited by forever_blue

You sure it wasn't Gartsherrie rather than Townhead? The Gartsherrie Bowling Club has always been quite sympathetic to those who wear sashes.

That general area up by the Freightliner terminal. Loads of wee ones walking about in royal blue football shirts too.

Do they have orange walks in England?

Yes , there was a big one in southport on Saturday and as far as I am aware Liverpool also has a big walk of its own

Thankfully I've never lived anywhere near Southport or, indeed, Liverpool but I have lived in England for most of my adult life and seen absolutely diddly squat regarding the Orange Order or Orange Walks.

Thankfully I've never lived anywhere near Southport or, indeed, Liverpool but I have lived in England for most of my adult life and seen absolutely diddly squat regarding the Orange Order or Orange Walks.

Good for you

Edited by forever_blue

Belfast riots: Teenage girl trapped under car and police injured in night of violence following 12th July Orange commemorations

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/belfast-riots-teenage-girl-trapped-6062031

Shared by the Scottish Daily Record App

iOS: http://ads-5.com/sdr/ios/

Android: http://ads-5.com/sdr/android/

What was that guy thinking? "What can I do to help resolve this situation? I know, I'll drive a car into a group of teenagers".

He's been charged with attempted murder. Presumably this genius will be kicked out of the orange order?

Both sides have conflicting versions of what happened as per usual. I doubt he would have got bail so easily on a charge of that magnitude, if it was as 100% clear cut as the Republican side is portraying it, but time will tell. Anyone who goes to that particular road junction at this time of year needs their head examined and is unlikely to be motivated by feelings of peace and harmony, so can understand why he wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt where a dangerous driving charge is concerned.

What was that guy thinking? "What can I do to help resolve this situation? I know, I'll drive a car into a group of teenagers".

He's been charged with attempted murder. Presumably this genius will be kicked out of the orange order?

3 cheers and a guard of honour more likely.

Both sides have conflicting versions of what happened as per usual. I doubt he would have got bail so easily on a charge of that magnitude, if it was as 100% clear cut as the Republican side is portraying it, but time will tell. Anyone who goes to that particular road junction at this time of year needs their head examined and is unlikely to be motivated by feelings of peace and harmony, so can understand why he wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt where a dangerous driving charge is concerned.

Aye, I got that feeling of ',let's wait on the outcome' via the swamp....

Yesterday, 21:43

Gold Star Poster

Originally Posted by bullen_an_la View Post

re the car.

the story is the republicans attacked the car as the driver was a bandsman. driver lost control of car.

Republicans have form on this.i remember a few years back they attacked a car going by the markets as a bandsman was driving home they put a brick through his windscreen even though he had his wee lad in the car.the intolerance is now coming from one side and one side only.

There are obviously arseholes on both sides, but the loyalists seem to have cornered the market in utter boneheads; this guy driving into a crowd (albeit awaiting verdict), the chap who drowned in a fucking pond trying to take down a tricolour, another guy around the time of the Ryder Cup reporting an EU flag to the PSNI because he thought it was the starry plough (a Republican flag). This is truly bizarre behaviour.

There are obviously arseholes on both sides, but the loyalists seem to have cornered the market in utter boneheads; this guy driving into a crowd (albeit awaiting verdict), the chap who drowned in a fucking pond trying to take down a tricolour, another guy around the time of the Ryder Cup reporting an EU flag to the PSNI because he thought it was the starry plough (a Republican flag). This is truly bizarre behaviour.

You do reliase a street full of loyalists were ploughed through the night before the walk?

You do reliase a street full of loyalists were ploughed through the night before the walk?

You do realise you seem to feel the need to defend loyalists at every turn no matter what they do.

However horrific

Still you're young enough to realise that both sides of this fence are despicable, outdated and should be in the dustbin of history along with Nazism.

Edited by pccabe

What do you mean by ploughed?

No point asking a loyalist mate.

They think they should be allowed to spread their bile bigotry wherever they want wether the local community want it or not.

A couple of wee notes, FB: a. The PC is a fucking moron and shouldn't be treated seriously. b. those of us who are a bit Orangey don't need to defend everything on this thread. We also have our own morons and it's fine to acknowledge that.