The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

strange one to introduce if so given that disney have basically said the expanded universe has heehaw to do with the new star wars future, only to bring in a character based around arguably the best toryline from the exapnded universe

however, he was brilliant

I think it's taking advantage of the EU now being binned and using easily its best character. It would be madness not to use him at some point and they can do so with free reign.

I think it's taking advantage of the EU now being binned and using easily its best character. It would be madness not to use him at some point and they can do so with free reign.

Part of the reason he was good was the surrounding stiryline though, unless they used some of the thrawn trilogy storyline, which would be hard to given they are set in different eras

The Force Awakens is $17m dollars short of $2bn in six weeks or so. It has slowed down considerably but it might just creep past Titanic. It has very little chance of catching Avatar though.

The introduction of Thrawn into Rebels will be pretty cool to see. I personally don't think it is strange at all. Why wouldn't you want to introduce a character that was well written? I am sure the Rebels writers will be able to use him in equally a good way as Zahn introduced him. Charting his rise up the Imperial pecking order would be good to see.

thrawn was well written that is no doubt, however what added to thrawn was the timeline he was set in, empire crushed, palpatine dead, vader dead, no leadership etc, he rose up and tried to hold the empire together, using his tactical ability to lead them etc

if he is introduced in the rebels, we might not get to see what made him such a good character in the books due to the fact that both palpatine and vader are still in control and the empire is still at the peak of its dominance, he will be an underling if you will

however im enjoying the rebels series so will look forward to it anyway

thrawn was well written that is no doubt, however what added to thrawn was the timeline he was set in, empire crushed, palpatine dead, vader dead, no leadership etc, he rose up and tried to hold the empire together, using his tactical ability to lead them etc

if he is introduced in the rebels, we might not get to see what made him such a good character in the books due to the fact that both palpatine and vader are still in control and the empire is still at the peak of its dominance, he will be an underling if you will

however im enjoying the rebels series so will look forward to it anyway

:lol:

They also made Tarkin an underling in Clone Wars. Did that make you cry also?

• 2 weeks later...

Quite interesting that the subsidiary company of Disney that produced the Force Awakens is getting prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive. The incident involved Harrison Ford breaking his leg. Four charges will be brought against them.

Quite interesting that the subsidiary company of Disney that produced the Force Awakens is getting prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive. The incident involved Harrison Ford breaking his leg. Four charges will be brought against them.

If you think a leg break is bad, just think of the lawsuit the First Order have on their hands after he fell off that walkway at Starkiller Base

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been watching season 2 of Rebels? It's been excellent and the finale looks like it might be a bit of a belter:

It's called Twilight of the Apprentice and it looks like Asohka and Vader will be going toe to toe

do you think asohka dies? given how the original trilogy obviously had nowt about her, the new trilogy hasnt uttered a word YET, it doesnt look good for her, i hope she doesnt die, always liked her character in the clone wars

do you think asohka dies? given how the original trilogy obviously had nowt about her, the new trilogy hasnt uttered a word YET, it doesnt look good for her, i hope she doesnt die, always liked her character in the clone wars

I Don't think she meets her end here, but i think she'll meet it at a later date.

Edited by mizfit

You can find it online in the usual dodgy places, leaked on tuesday

By bluray I thought you meant a physical copy of it, and I had missed the release date.