The Star Wars thread (includes spoilers for IX)

Quentin Taranbino

2 kids. Little shites.

I'm watching it again with my 2 year old. She likes Darth Vader, worryingly.

ha, what did you think of the ending then?

the glimpse of ahsoka we see at the end, my money is that for a fleeting moment, darth vader becomes anakin and saves her when the temple collapses, ezra opening the sith holocron means nothing, can see that being a big red herring and they choose a different angle for season 3, plus i really wanna know how maul escaped from whatever sidious had planned for him in the clone wars

ha, what did you think of the ending then?

the glimpse of ahsoka we see at the end, my money is that for a fleeting moment, darth vader becomes anakin and saves her when the temple collapses, ezra opening the sith holocron means nothing, can see that being a big red herring and they choose a different angle for season 3, plus i really wanna know how maul escaped from whatever sidious had planned for him in the clone wars

The last 10-15 minutes was outstanding. Vader standing on his TIE actually gave me goosebumps it was so well framed. Anakin's voice for that brief second was a great touch. I do wonder if youre right and for the briefest moment Anakin took over and he couldn't kill her, or maybe she couldn't kill him, as he looked the worse for wear.

Theyve been heavily hinting that Ezra might turn so I don't think the end was anything unexpected.

Having Maul return was a nice touch as he's arguably been better served by the animated series than his premature ending in TPM.

All in all it was up there with the best that Star Wars has to offer

Ashoka is well dead. Not a chance Vader repented at that stage, it would diminish his face turn in Return of the Jedi. Vader facing Maul in the future would be superb.

I think the finale was very interesting in the context of the new films. We have Maul renouncing his sith status and calling the inquisitors his enemies. Maul taking Ezra as his apprentice outwith the Sith would possibly be the start of the Knights of Ren.

okay my thoughts:

Ashoka is not dead, she'll have escaped in the chaos of the explosion, however, she is trapped on a sith planet with no escape, I feel she's stuck there for the long haul.

Maul will be killed by either Kanan or Vader.

Ashoka is well dead. Not a chance Vader repented at that stage, it would diminish his face turn in Return of the Jedi. Vader facing Maul in the future would be superb.

I think the finale was very interesting in the context of the new films. We have Maul renouncing his sith status and calling the inquisitors his enemies. Maul taking Ezra as his apprentice outwith the Sith would possibly be the start of the Knights of Ren.

there is a brief glimpse of what looked like ahsoka stumbling into the ruins however you'd wonder how the hell she escaped that, and i dont think it would diminish his face turn given that before it luke was saying he knew there was good in him etc, the clone wars cartoons showed just how much anakin felt for his padwan

the knights of the ren being started by maul effectively is a good theory, would indicate where the sword like lightsabers came from in the force awakens,

there is a brief glimpse of what looked like ahsoka stumbling into the ruins however you'd wonder how the hell she escaped that, and i dont think it would diminish his face turn given that before it luke was saying he knew there was good in him etc, the clone wars cartoons showed just how much anakin felt for his padwan

the knights of the ren being started by maul effectively is a good theory, would indicate where the sword like lightsabers came from in the force awakens,

Yes but ROTS showed us exactly how he liked his padawans - slaughtered.  He also destroyed Obi-Wan in Episode IV.  For Vader to repent at that time in the Starwars timeline just doesn't fit in with the character presented in Episode IV.  If he repents for Ashoka he certainly would for Obi-Wan as well before his redemption in ROTJ.  As for the glimpse of Ashoka it could easily be a force ghost.  The writers have left it ambiguous on purpose though.  I think she got her totties but certainly wouldn't surprise me to see her back.

Does anyone know how long rebels is scheduled to run?  I know a third season is coming, but after that?  Kanan will be dead before the end.  A duel between him and Maul over Ezra seems very likely.

Yes but ROTS showed us exactly how he liked his padawans - slaughtered.  He also destroyed Obi-Wan in Episode IV.  For Vader to repent at that time in the Starwars timeline just doesn't fit in with the character presented in Episode IV.  If he repents for Ashoka he certainly would for Obi-Wan as well before his redemption in ROTJ.  As for the glimpse of Ashoka it could easily be a force ghost.  The writers have left it ambiguous on purpose though.  I think she got her totties but certainly wouldn't surprise me to see her back.

Does anyone know how long rebels is scheduled to run?  I know a third season is coming, but after that?  Kanan will be dead before the end.  A duel between him and Maul over Ezra seems very likely.

i think his slaughtering of padwans in ROTS was down to him doing whatever was asked to save padme, he was all fucked up effectively, then on mustafar he blamed obi wan for her death and then suffered big time when obi wan left him to die, i think the resentment in a new hope could have stemmed from that, its hard to judge the darth vader in ANH though as back then i highly doubt lucas had even thought about the expansion of it all and anakin having a padwan etc, i can see your point though and its probably designed this way the now so we can take differing opinions of it

they have apparently said that the rebels will tie in with the films and that the 3rd season could be the last, there is also another animated series planned to be set between RotJ and TFA, these are just the latest rumours though so probably got another 6 seasons in it :lol:

They've planned a 5 series run I believe, then they're planning on another animated series.

That's good.  They won't look to stretch it out too much then, and the final series will be completed by the time Episode IX is released.

I just had a sudden thought whilst rewatching it.

Ezra no longer has a lightsaber, and I hope Disney don't just give him a new one and explain it away with something like "oh he picked up it before he left."

I just had a sudden thought whilst rewatching it.

Ezra no longer has a lightsaber, and I hope Disney don't just give him a new one and explain it away with something like "oh he picked up it before he left."

He did briefly pick up one which looked very familiar, albeit a different colour.....

He did briefly pick up one which looked very familiar, albeit a different colour.....

Are you referring to the cross-sabre? I didn't notice him take it, only examine it