Hull City AFC to become Hull City Tigers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Cardiff City fan paid £12.99 a few months ago to register the company names 'Cardiff City Dragons' and 'Cardiff Dragons' online. I'm pretty sure the thought would've crossed the owners minds at some point. The lads either sitting on a decent amount of cash or he'll put the owners off the rebranding, at least to those particular names.

I still remember when Derby County in a bid to look modern started calling themselves Derby County Rams without officially changing their name with the FA. At press conferences, it would be Derby County Rams this & Derby County Rams that. They dropped it when they realised they were still going to be shit hasbeens & real changes rather than cosmetic were required.

York City rebranded themselves as "York City Soccer Club" for a while, to appeal to the American market.

I don't think it worked.

You've just reminded me of Kit Kat Crescent. Ooft.

York City rebranded themselves as "York City Soccer Club" for a while, to appeal to the American market.

I don't think it worked.

Rotherham or somebody changed the name of their stadium to "New York Stadium" in a similar idea.

Reminds me of the Arctic Monkeys lyric " You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham" .

I'm sure they were West Midlands Village last time I played it.

Embarassing stuff from Hull here. A step towards franchise football for them?

What is 'franchise football'?

Fans reactions to these are absolutely hilarious, it was the same when it came to Cardiff changed their colours or some teams changed their stadium names to sponsors.

Can't say I'd be especially bothered about any of it, the team is what you think it is. Everything else is just filler, and generating extra revenue.

Archived