Car advice

Wee update on my brakes situation after taking it in to a local garage.

Pads are fine, discs are a wee bit corroded but nothing to worry about.  Sod all needs done at this point in time.

Seems like Lexus are at it and trying to con me out of a grands worth of work that doesn’t need done.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Asked a sign company to make them up so will see how it comes out. Heard of someone with them on their grey Volvo but instead of the prancing horse the pic is of an elk.

Are they going to be the same size as the Ferrari badge? Don't think it would look right being any bigger.

If you feel like branching out on the super car route you could replace the bull of Lamborghini with Renton 

54 minutes ago, 101 said:

Are they going to be the same size as the Ferrari badge? Don't think it would look right being any bigger.

If you feel like branching out on the super car route you could replace the bull of Lamborghini with Renton 

Yeah, only small as there’s only one wee spot where they’d fit. Maybe swap the Vauxhall badge for Peter Grant’s mugshot when we lift the title.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Yeah, only small as there’s only one wee spot where they’d fit. Maybe swap the Vauxhall badge for Peter Grant’s mugshot when we lift the title.

He would look great in chrome tbf

I traded my car in last week. I bought it for £5k in January (was a stop gap) and Evans Halshaw are trying to punt it for £6700!
That's how it works unfortunately. I traded my first car into Peter Vardy and got £600 for it. A week later it was on Auto Trader for £1600.

Less hassle I guess. When time comes for me to get a new car, I'll just trade the old one in. 
For the difference you get from trading in to selling its worth the little bit of hassle.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:
Less hassle I guess. When time comes for me to get a new car, I'll just trade the old one in. 

For the difference you get from trading in to selling its worth the little bit of hassle.

You're absolutely right. I am just a lazy bugger though and like the idea of driving to the garage in my old car, and leaving with my new one. Also, if your car is on finance the garage will settle that all for you.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:
4 hours ago, RH33 said:
I traded my car in last week. I bought it for £5k in January (was a stop gap) and Evans Halshaw are trying to punt it for £6700!

That's how it works unfortunately. I traded my first car into Peter Vardy and got £600 for it. A week later it was on Auto Trader for £1600.

I know that, was more a comment on how nuts the second hand market is.

Why do people trade cars in as opposed to privately selling them?
Convenience and the ability to palm off complete shite guilt-free. Not sure I have the nerve to sell something to someone knowing it was fucked, car dealerships on the other hand? f**k them.