Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

Who are the most financially fucked club in FM14?

I started a Portsmouth save a while back and it was just horrific. Next to nothing in the transfer budget, so I couldn't even pay agent fees for anyone I tried to get on a free. The wage budget was tiny too. I ended up taking as many players as I could on loan, but there was no depth to the squad and I abandoned the save in the middle of an injury crisis. This was before the winter update though, so they might be a slightly better prospect now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone vouch for Blair Spittal's development in the game? Signed him for Airdrie at the start of the season and he looked a good prospect.

I bought him for Killie and was decent after a year out on loan. Couldn't tell you any more though lol.

Can anyone vouch for Blair Spittal's development in the game? Signed him for Airdrie at the start of the season and he looked a good prospect.

On my Aberdeen save he signed for Motherwell and seemed to be doing OK. Annoyed that he turned down the contract I offered, though. On my Clachnacuddin save he was playing for Inverness when I played them in the cup. Didn't do much first half and got sent of early in the second, so he was suspended for the replay.

Apart from European glory, can't think of anything more pleasing than getting a 5-star potential gem in the re-gen intake. Especially when they develop quickly and become your 2nd best player in their set position.

Having fourteen games a season in the league helps, as does holidaying. Don't worry, I haven't sat there clicking continue for 60 seasons :P

I hope you've been adding & resigning one or two managers, your first guy must be ancient :lol:

Nice one Forameus! Most I've ever managed was 11 seasons with Falkirk. Managed to win 9 SPLs in a row though so all worth it.

Anyway, wee update on my current Wolves save. Absolutely strolled league 1 (as expected) and then won the Championship with 3 games to spare. Players have come and gone (as to be expected when you're flying up through the leagues) but I'm hoping now we're in the big time, I'll be able to have a more settled squad. My squad now looks like:

GKs:

Heurelho Gomes (free)

Sam Johnstone (£1.4m from Man Utd)

DEFENDERS:

Andre Wisdom (£2m from Liverpool)

Danny Batth (started at Wolves)

Mathieu Baudry (£1.1m from Leyton Orient)

Shaun Hutchinson (£625k from Motherwell)

Kgosi Ntlhe (£2m from Peterborough)

Sam Rickets (started at Wolves)

Adam Matthews (£3.5m from Cardiff)

Matt Doherty (started at Wolves)

Stephen Ward (started at Wolves)

MIDFIELDERS:

Daniel Williams (£5.75m from Granada)

Joey Barton (free)

Juraj Kukca (£1m from Genoa)

Adam Forshaw (£3.5m from Brentford)

Jesse Lingard (£300k from Man Utd)

James Ward-Prowse (£2.8m from Southampton)

FORWARDS:

Will Keane (free)

Mason Bennett (£3.8m from Newcastle)

Jay Rodriguez (£6m from Stoke)

Danny Ings (£1.3m from Burnley)

Nouha Dicko (started at Wolves)

Looks fairly imbalanced but most of the players there are fairly versatile. Jesse Lingard is an absolute steal at the start of the second season btw for anyone playing as a Champ/lower PL team. 17 goals and 21 assists or something from 40 odd games. Champ player and young player of the season as well. Away to start my 3rd season the now. Feeling good.

Got bored with the MU one so started a new save with Schalke, they were sitting 16th, eventually led them to 3rd spot on the final day which was most pleasing.

Summer clear out began with Barnetta, Obasi, Hildebrand, Uchida, Clemens, Santana & Szalai being the high profile departures.

Invested quite heavily in the squad to bring in some reinforcements;

Sidney Sam (Leverkusen, already agreed)

Marco Bizot (free, Groningen)

Ron-Robert Zieler (£5.5m, Hannover)

Remy Cabella (£4.4m, Montpellier)

Nacer Chadli (£3.6m, Tottenham)

Duvan Zapata (loan, Napoli)

Kurt Zouma (loan, Chelsea)

Sebastien Coates (loan, Liverpool)

Aleksandar Kolorov (£2m, Manchester City)

A lot of players to bring in but I need it for the ECC next season. In addition to the players I got in January de Sciglio, Andre Hahn (£2.1m minimum release fee from Augsburg, excellent signing), Timo Werner & Milan Badelj I think I've gotten a pretty good squad to have a bash at the title this season. Actually going to give this save some patience, instead of getting bored 2 days in.

Finished uni last week so I've turned to Football Manager to fill up my free time again.

Given that I'm absolutely shite at it, I've no idea how this has happened in my first season with Kilmarnock:

15hirv4.png

Don't even want to win the league, was looking forward to a relegation battle or something!

Finished uni last week so I've turned to Football Manager to fill up my free time again.

Given that I'm absolutely shite at it, I've no idea how this has happened in my first season with Kilmarnock:

15hirv4.png

Don't even want to win the league, was looking forward to a relegation battle or something!

What the f**k are Celtic doing? :lol:

What the f**k are Celtic doing? :lol:

f**k knows! I'm yet to beat them after 3 attempts despite them being fairly average so far :(

Archived