Football Manager 2014

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 15 years at Dynamo winning 14 league championships, 10 Ukrainian cups, 12 Ukrainian super cups, 4 Champions Leagues (one runner up) and one European Super Cup, I resigned and ended up at Dundee Utd who are lying mid table in the SPL at Xmas. I never manage in Scotland so it will be interesting, got a decent budget to spend so I'm simming it until the summer to turn the place upside down.

Anyone got a promotions/relegations etc. update yet, Can't find one even on the si forums

The good ones won't have theirs out till mid June I would imagine.

LFCMarshall on fmbase is usually the quickest, other than some crappy ones, if you want a fairly complete one wait for his. Although he puts very little effort into the Scottish leagues and it is often filled with bogus transfers and lacking a number of transfers. It's fair to say unless the transfer involves an English team or a Scottish Premier club, it will have at least few missing transfers.

Since finishing uni at the start of the month, it's given me time to play my Hearts save. Let's just say there was a very dramatic end to the season.

Got pretty lucky transfer-wise, obviously with the administrators being in control of the club it was going to be difficult to hold on to key players. I think Callum Paterson and Jordan McGhee rejected moves to England, and the only players we lost were Billy King and Dale Carrick on short term loans.

Injuries had a big impact on the squad in the first half of the season. The back four was constantly getting re-shuffled and there was no consistency to team selection. A lack of a decent striker was also providing some problems, with Gary Oliver and Paul McCallum being fairly inconsistent in front of goal. League form was up and down, and the fact we didn't win a home game until Boxing Day meant we were still bottom come New Year.

January saw our fortunes change. We came out of administration towards the end of August, but couldn't sign players until January. Four loan signings (Matthew Kennedy - Everton; Jack Price - Wolves; Tom Richards - Fulham; John Marquis - Millwall) allowed us to bolster the squad in areas we were short. Marquis was a revelation, scoring 13 goals in 17 games between February and the end of the season. Come February, we were still 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league so changed our playing style and started attacking teams whilst trying to keep it solid at the back, which was challenging at times because we were quite open.

We lost in the semi finals of both cups (to Motherwell and Celtic respectively) but with 3 games left in the split, we were 5 points behind Partick Thistle. A win over Partick and a draw up in Inverness saw the battle for survival go down to the last day. There were 2 points in it, with us at home to Ross County and Partick at home to Motherwell. A 3-1 Hearts victory, with Partick only managing a draw meant Thistle went down on goal difference. It really couldn't have been any tighter.

The play offs saw us go up against Dundee. Suspensions and injuries meant we had to field a makeshift back four in the first leg but with home advantage, we took a 1-0 lead to Dens Park for the second leg. The game at Dens SHOULD have been plain sailing. We were in complete control of the first half and had extended our lead to 2 goals. Dundee made it 1-1 on the night right on half time, and we panicked. Safe to say we shat the bed in the second half and decided to stop defending. Dundee managed to level the tie and it went to extra time. It got from bad to worse here and more poor defending meant that Martin Boyle grabbed his hat-trick and Dundee edged ahead in the tie. After being in control of the tie for 135 minutes, we thought we had secured safety but alas, no. We hit the woodwork four times in the 120 minutes and ended up losing 3-1 on the night, leading to relegation to the Championship.

Made the drama of the last day pretty pointless in the end, but I'm still stunned as to how we ended up going down. Really enjoyable first season though, despite how it finished.

I just randomly started a save with Brondby, no idea why. Interesting so far though :lol: no idea who most folk are

I just randomly started a save with Brondby, no idea why. Interesting so far though :lol: no idea who most folk are

Love games like this. Hence why I'm doing my career. I've no idea where I'll end up and if I get the sack so be it, but by god I love making enemies abroad. Plus trying to get a foreigner you know back to their native land is always a challenge.

I tried to get Beram Kayal back to Israel, but he told me in no uncertain terms to f**k off. :lol: interestingly enough I decided Israel then needed more Scots, but I won't reveal anything yet. :lol:

Love games like this. Hence why I'm doing my career. I've no idea where I'll end up and if I get the sack so be it, but by god I love making enemies abroad. Plus trying to get a foreigner you know back to their native land is always a challenge.

I tried to get Beram Kayal back to Israel, but he told me in no uncertain terms to f**k off. :lol: interestingly enough I decided Israel then needed more Scots, but I won't reveal anything yet. :lol:

Similarly, I've just started as Feyenoord for some alien unknown fucking reason. They are not very good. Don't go Feyenoord.

Similarly, I've just started as Feyenoord for some alien unknown fucking reason. They are not very good. Don't go Feyenoord.

Well see that's the challenge. I don't see the point in going to Holland and going Ajax or PSV. Where's the fun. The fun is finding gems, playing a redicilously young team and spanking the big boys back to the 90s where they belong.

Well see that's the challenge. I don't see the point in going to Holland and going Ajax or PSV. Where's the fun. The fun is finding gems, playing a redicilously young team and spanking the big boys back to the 90s where they belong.

Felt the need to start in Holland after my successful venture with Vitesse on FM13 (in which I ended up with Mattia Destro and Chucky Ferreyra scoring about 70 goals per season between them and managed to win the league 3 times before fucking off to Chelsea), but after 1 point from 3 league games, I just can't see this panning out the same way. :( Agree about finding gems though, I signed Destro on a free and he became the best striker in Europe after a few seasons, glorious scenes. :thumsup2

Starting the Youth Challenge with St Johnstone....

Heres the challenge - http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/63532/t1921963-youth-academy-challenge/

So you have to rely on your starting squad and the youngsters you bring through, nobody else is allowed to be signed, including loanees.

Might be fun

Archived