The Blacklist

Boghead ranter

On the UK Sky Atlantic run so only three episodes in but one thing is irritating me incredibly. Reddington spent 20 years on the run as a fugitive without even a sniff of being caught; now suddenly, the FBI have acquired incredible powers of deduction to intercept him at every turn, led by Ressler who has very much been the stereotypical knucklehead cop in previous seasons, who couldn't find head nor tail or Reddington before he handed himself in but is now Sherlock f*cking Holmes.

Also thought they were more than a tad self indulgent in Red's long philosophical, illuminating monologues in the first two episodes.

Entertaining nonetheless.

But, they're only finding him because he's feeding them clues. No?

I really like the way he's using the FBI to get what he wants but is still delivering blacklisters to them. Its been a nice twist to the fugitive plot line

But, they're only finding him because he's feeding them clues. No?

I really like the way he's using the FBI to get what he wants but is still delivering blacklisters to them. Its been a nice twist to the fugitive plot line

Hmm, that was perhaps the case in the second episode where he took hostages in the cafe; but managing to identify his container on a ship? Knowing that they were going to the crop place?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Disaster, I know. Have honestly just caught my first viewing of this series from half way through tonight's episode and quite enjoyed it even though I'm convinced everyone seems to be double crossing everyone else.

Is it worth going back to the very start or should I jump in later?

Disaster, I know. Have honestly just caught my first viewing of this series from half way through tonight's episode and quite enjoyed it even though I'm convinced everyone seems to be double crossing everyone else.

Is it worth going back to the very start or should I jump in later?

Go back and watch it from the start. Its worth it to understand the whole Keane/Redington thing and how they ended up on the run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...