Nigerian league

Slacker

Some fantastic home records there. Enyimba didn't even concede at home. Sadly, their away record let them down. Spare a thought for Kwara United though, best away record in the league, yet, relegated.

I think this is cheating on such an extreme scale (everyone at it), that it kind of cancels itself out and isn't even cheating anymore.

Any thoughts on this highly competitive league?

W1AHLcP.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In England last season, only 6 teams managed 10 or more home wins, yet every team in Nigeria has done it. In Spain it was 7 teams, 6 in Italy and 4 in Germany (18 team league). Maybe Nigeria doesn't have the same resources as European Leagues and there isn't the same disparity in the finances of the clubs. But that's still dodgy as f**k.

Bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase, "the ref is a homer". :lol:

Can I just be the first to point out that everyone involved - the players, the staff, the fans, the clubs and the companies which currently run the clubs (© Sevco fans post-2012) are all far older than they claim to be.

Enyugu Rangers are sailing close to the wind financially.

I am surprised that Kilmarnock aren't represented ;)

The Dolphin v Shark derbies are lively, if one-sided games I hear.

:(

Can I just be the first to point out that everyone involved - the players, the staff, the fans, the clubs and the companies which currently run the clubs (© Sevco fans post-2012) are all far older than they claim to be.

That's to say nothing of the eccentricity of the goalkeepers, which is massive.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived