Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

3 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Our press don't half get carried away, 'fulfilling potential', 'this season has been the making of him', the lad has played in SIX games. :lol:

And apparently Sporting are his 'former club'?  They still own him ffs, Scottish journalism at it's finest.

He's no John Fleck.

46 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

Looks like his pace and impressive work rate caused Sporting some problems, good to see his game developing. Not too sure about that barnet mind.

Some great vision and passing. He runs around like a terrier as well so should keep Strachan happy.

Didn't see him defend any corners though so still have my doubts.

Some Sporting fans still weren't overly impressed with him, and still reckon he's too "shy". Seemingly, compared to their other youngsters, hes fairly pragmatic and doesn't take many risks when on the ball. They reckon hes had poor coaching in his younger days that has taken away the risk taking aspect of his game.

Some Sporting fans still weren't overly impressed with him, and still reckon he's too "shy". Seemingly, compared to their other youngsters, hes fairly pragmatic and doesn't take many risks when on the ball. They reckon hes had poor coaching in his younger days that has taken away the risk taking aspect of his game.

Where do you get that info RG?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What a lot of pish. When he left United he was miles ahead of the curve. If he's behind it now that's entirely down to them. 

To be clear, I've no idea if he is lacking something now but I refuse to accept that it's down to United or Scottish football if he is. He had wonderful attacking instincts when he was here and he's now had 2.5 years in Portugal. If they've broken him then they've no one to blame but themselves.

Edited by Pull My Strings
I clearly cannae mind when he left United. Final answer!

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

not many conservative passes in that game.

Tbf great point,  sporting paid 3 million for him when he was 18, so they obviously didn't think that was an issue then.  Also for a young player trying to make an impact in a new country team etc being relatively inexperienced it's normal he'd manage his risks a lot more with his pass selection etc,  the last thing he wants to be doing is giving away the ball stupidly.   And their fans ddon't pick the team anyway. 

To me it looked like he was trying too hard there,  again totally natural he wants to make an impact but he should calm down a wee bit let the game come to hima bit  more.  He should remember he was signed for his skill and technique,  not too go running around flying into people.   You could clearly see an injury coming there,  very reminiscent of gazza in the fa cup final. 

What I'm most enthused by watching that is he looks much stronger,  fitter and sharper now,  he looks like a man when he left he was a boy.   I think he will probably make it at sporting but it barely matters,  if he doesn't he'll still be a cracking player elsewhere and a big player for Scotland. 

Jordan Henderson is a great one for bottling any pass that is aremotely risky btw ,  watch for that next time you see him.  Same with the wee b*****d at Swansea can't remember his name think he captains them now.  

The English game is absolutely choking with players like that btw,  pressing and high tempo pace etc thereless space Iit never gives players time to develop so they are too scared to take a risk with the ball so don't learn how and when to do it.

9 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Jordan Henderson is a great one for bottling any pass that is aremotely risky btw ,  watch for that next time you see him.  Same with the wee b*****d at Swansea can't remember his name think he captains them now.  

The English game is absolutely choking with players like that btw,  pressing and high tempo pace etc thereless space Iit never gives players time to develop so they are too scared to take a risk with the ball so don't learn how and when to do it.

Spot on pep , Leon brittain from Swansea , 9 out of 10 passes from him is either to the side or back. Possession football can be great to watch but when it isn't progressive what is the point. One player I rate highly who moved abroad at a young age and learned a different footballing way is Eric dier , boys a player no wonder the likes of Bayern are looking at him.

Yeah that's him, cause he never gives the ball away he thinks he's player,  when in reality he never gives the ball away as he plays the safest pass available all te time.  Dier is good it definitely benefits players to go abroad and learn the game, they're just better at it the we are.   Ideally I'd like to see the whole Scotland squad playing in Europe but we'll be a long time waiting on that, certainly would like to see much more young scots take the gauld and Burke route.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had a look at their forum as well, and many of them are concerned that he won't get the chances he deserves at Sporting because of Jorge Jesus, who it seems is very stubborn about players and as Gauld isn't "his" player, he'll shut him out.

Any time I've seen Benfica or Sporting games with him in charge, he's seemed like a colossal c**t, so I'd believe it.

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

All this talk about his progression and people are bothered about his jersey ???  

George Best wore jerseys 2 sizes too big .  Didn't hold him back 

But Mr Best was good, Gauld will be a Hamilton or Hibs player when his lucrative contract ends in Portugal