Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

14 hours ago, haggisbeastie said:

Rumours on Sporting forums that Everton going to bid between 8-10 million for him this transfer window.

Have seen nothing about it elsewhere, so may be nothing..

Would he feature as a first/second choice though, or is this just typical Premier League pick-up-every-player-just-in-case attitude?  I find it unlikely that he would be if Sporting don't even deem him good enough for their first team.

Apparently has indeed been recalled by Sporting following the defeat as they were unhappy with refereeing decisions during the game:

http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=4&id=649176

In the comments it seems Sporting fans are unhappy at this as he was developing well at Vitoria Setubal and was better there than on the bench at Sporting.

O Jogo say he will be loaned out again elsewhere:

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga/sporting/noticias/interior/edinho-revela-ryan-gauld-e-geraldes-pagaram-a-fatura-5587614.html

Edited by LondonSons

A glance at the Sporting forum suggests they might have recalled Gauld (and Geraldes, who was also on loan at Setubal) due to a video of Setubal players singing songs about knocking them out.

Some of the fans are saying it would be an embarrassing reaction, and others are taking the more Rangers-centric approach of saying 'f**k them, we're a bigger club and they're disrespecting us' and that sort of stuff.

"It was not just the simulation, it was the entire context, diving, the laughter, the lack of respect...the direct confrontation to Sporting Clube de Portugal. That is not to play with this...there are consequences." :lol:

In all seriousness, if it's true, it's really shite for Gauld, who had just established himself at a solid top flight club. Now he'll either be on the Sporting bench, back in the Sporting B team, or away to another new loan club where he'll have to start fighting for his place all over again.

Edited by Nightmare

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

That's pish for Gauld. Surely, unless the Sporting boss blames Gauld for singing anti-Setubal songs, then his two or three MotM awards from his time on loan warrant more than blindly pumping him out on loan again?

Neither Gauld or Geraldes were in the match squad and apparently weren't in the dressing room with the other players at the time, so it's nothing to do with them being involved.

This is the only video I've seen linked, so I'm assuming that's the one that they're all upset about. I dunno what they're saying, but the player in question (Edinho) is the one who earned/scored the disputed penalty.

The whole thing seems like a joke.

Horrendous from sporting and a disaster for gauld who was progressing brilliantly.  Jesus seems like an absolute bellend,  if he's going to be at sporting long term I'd be considering very carefully if I wanted to stay there if I was gauld.   Not England though,  European football suits him much better. 

Edited by Peppino Impastato

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Horrendous from sporting and a disaster for gauld who was progressing brilliantly.  Jesus seems like an absolute bellend,  if he's going to be at sporting long term I'd be considering very carefully if I wanted to stay there if I was gauld.   Not England though,  European football suits him much better. 

I think given the amount of money they're paying him, and considering the form which sees them:

1. sitting 4th in the league (behind Braga, who their resources dwarf)

2. finishing 4th in a CL group behind Legia Warsaw, meaning they're completely eliminated from Europe

3. having been dumped out of the League Cup at the group stage

I'd guess that Jorge Jesus' coat will be on a shoogly peg right about now. Which is good, because I agree, he seems like a total weapon.

Edited by Nightmare

Looks like he's going to be loaned out to Chaves for the second half the season.

Chaves are a newly-promoted club, but are actually sitting 7th in the league, so in a better position than Vitoria were.

They also play Sporting in the league and cup back to back in the next 2 weeks. Better hope none of their players sing any songs about precious SCP.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm sure I remember something about Jorge Jesus being a lunatic when he was Benfica boss. Not surprising if he's involved in this short of shite, just a shame Gauld could potentially end up suffering.

Well playing aboot 20 games in 3 year is suffering enough being a footballer used to regular game time. 

Being loaned to chaves....sounds about right for a young scotsman