Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

Folk who think the players are the problem and not the manager need to stop watching football, and more importantly, delete their Pie and Bovril account.

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Folk who think the players are the problem and not the manager need to stop watching football, and more importantly, delete their Pie and Bovril account.

So you're saying the players deserve no blame whatsoever, and that the manager deserves it all?

12 minutes ago, forameus said:

So you're saying the players deserve no blame whatsoever, and that the manager deserves it all?

Well the best players are playing, in a disorganised clusterfuck of a formation with absolutely zero motivation from the sidelines from a manager who moans constantly that he doesn't have a Gareth Bale to select.  No wonder they don't look like they care when they play.

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Well the best players are playing, in a disorganised clusterfuck of a formation with absolutely zero motivation from the sidelines from a manager who moans constantly that he doesn't have a Gareth Bale to select.  No wonder they don't look like they care when they play.

Aye poor dears.  So much quality in there that they just don't know what to do without a cuddle from the manager.  

Strachan is very far from blameless, but to absolve the players of anything doesn't really work.

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Failing once or twice aye, some of these players have failed to qualify for 7 tournaments, thats not the manager surely

A full season starting for Setubal could be the making of Ryan Gauld at Sporting. If he performs, he'll be back there next season and in the squad, and if he doesn't then he'll most likely be back in the UK next summer.

Glad he's staying out in Portugal, though, playing top flight football, rather than on loan at Rotherham or some other Championship nonentity.

Bad times for Scarf when the only c**t agreeing with him is Troopio

Gordon Strachan is due blame, of course, but to say he's due it all is a fucking outrageous claim to make. Of course the players out on the park have to take blame as well

Fucking hell. Havering on about other teams as if they're relevant to anything as well, wtf have Wales got to do with anything?

Yet another verge of tears, heads gone meltdown from you here.  You've changed your tune as well, previously you were saying it wasn't Strachan's fault for Scotland being so terrible.  At least you agree with me now.

As for Wales, the saviour that can do no wrong in your eyes, Gordon Strachan, has directly references Wales and indeed Gareth Bale on many occasions and comparing them to Scotland.

Another absolute disaster from you on a Scotland thread.  Will it ever end for you?

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I've never said Strachans blameless

The last paragraph, mate, you've turned into the Troopio of the TA forum

Minter

You did, you said the players were to blame for Scotland being so bad.  

I notice you ignore the Wales piece, as yet again your point is proven to be a load of rubbish.  

I've lost count the amount of times both myself and several others have taken your points apart on this section of the forum.  A severe gutter for you, I have no doubt.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I notice you ignore the Wales piece, as yet again your point is proven to be a load of rubbish.  

I've lost count the amount of times both myself and several others have taken your points apart on this section of the forum.  A severe gutter for you, I have no doubt.

Not to take sides, but surely players who have failed for 7 tournaments in a row get way more blame than the manager who's had one full campaign to work with

1 minute ago, 53_and_counting said:

Not to take sides, but surely players who have failed for 7 tournaments in a row get way more blame than the manager who's had one full campaign to work with

They've failed because they've been managed appallingly.  As were Wales and North Ireland until they found their current management teams.  Who have filled the side with the belief that they can beat anyone.

The respect Scotland have given the likes of Germany, Italy, Spain over the years has been disgusting. Seen as 'free hits', which in football is resigning yourself to losing before you kick a ball.  Look at South Ireland last year, they didn't care Germany were the best in the world, they went for it and reaped the rewards.  Wales the same with Belgium in the same time frame. 

Scotland's squad is a lot better than some folk on here would care to admit, or believe.  Strachan can only pick who he is picking, he's just really bad at managing them.

The main problem is the players were producing, I mean that is 20 years now we've not qualified, I really don't think the managers have been the main problem... If you do then that's up to you. And I've blamed Strachan for Georgia on multiple occasions.

I ignored it because you explained the question I had asked.

And when the other posters are Troopio, DavidB and haggisbeastie it really doesn't count for much. Infact you've joined that group now. Which is quite frankly, hilarious.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The main problem is the players were producing, I mean that is 20 years now we've not qualified, I really don't think the managers have been the main problem... If you do then that's up to you. And I've blamed Strachan for Georgia on multiple occasions.

I ignored it because you explained the question I had asked.

And when the other posters are Troopio, DavidB and haggisbeastie it really doesn't count for much. Infact you've joined that group now. Which is quite frankly, hilarious.

Well no, quite a lot of well reasoned, seasoned posters on here, like myself,  have also noted Strachan as being a terrible manager and the reason Scotland finished bottom of an effective 4 team group with a game to spare last year. Below a South Ireland team it must be remembered.

They have also, correctly, called him out on his horrible media conferences, from trying to have a laugh and a joke all the time before an important qualifier. His sarcastic tone when someone asks him a valid question that he doesn't like or agree with.  To constantly slagging off the players he has picked as not being good enough when they blatantly are, and pining for a Gareth Bale type player to build his game plan around.

A lost cause as Scotland manager.

And others have gave sensible opinions and disagreed with you and them.

Foreamus, I'm convinced, is the only sane sensible poster that regularly posts in here. You've just lined up and joined the dafties. I look forward to you going on to tell us how some 17 year old that scores a hat trick for Killie should get a call up in the upcoming months because he 'cannae dae worse than Fletcher'.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Well no, quite a lot of well reasoned, seasoned posters on here, like myself,  have also noted Strachan as being a terrible manager and the reason Scotland finished bottom of an effective 4 team group with a game to spare last year. Below a South Ireland team it must be remembered.

They have also, correctly, called him out on his horrible media conferences, from trying to have a laugh and a joke all the time before an important qualifier. His sarcastic tone when someone asks him a valid question that he doesn't like or agree with.  To constantly slagging off the players he has picked as not being good enough when they blatantly are, and pining for a Gareth Bale type player to build his game plan around.

A lost cause as Scotland manager.

you should take this argument to forameus given we were fair to middling all campaign apart from georgia and were only one win away from the playoffs

fact is many of the current squad have failed under at most 6 differing managers now (darren fletcher) most are 4 and 5 gaffers, managed appallingly they should still be better than shite like georgia, macedonia etc

I keep reading this ' one win from the playoffs ' line. This is extremely misleading. The reality is that even if we had beaten Georgia, we still likely would have finished fourth.

Why? Because Ireland would have just needed a point in Poland to get third in the final game, and Poland would have been more than happy to give it to them as it would have guaranteed them second.

Of course the reality was Ireland had already guaranteed at least third by the time they went to Poland, so they went for the win and to get second. They ended up losing the game. Had we beaten Georgia this would have been the standings going into the final game:

Poland 18
Ireland 18
Scotland 15

Poland and Ireland playing each other, Scotland playing Gibraltar. Anyone seriously telling me that in this alternative reality that the Poland - Ireland game wouldn't have finished a draw?

I thought you knew that everyone involved in football doesn't actually understand how reality works. They assume that were their team to have gotten a goal or a result then absolutely everything else would have went in the exact same way. See Neil Lennon who comically claimed that his side's goal at Easter Road stood then Hibs would have went through. A huge failure to grasp the most basic of logic and the most basic understanding of how reality actually works. You hear it all the time (he could have had a hattrick, had we scored that goal, had the man not been sent off and so on).