Ryan Gauld

DjembaDjemba

53 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Sporting are willing to "cut their losses" and sell Gauld for the fee they paid United. Real shame for the boy, just hasn't worked out. 

That will probably mean he'll end up in the English Championship, hopefully he will end up playing more regularly

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Wonder if he might end up at Rangers. Portuguese connection and they need a holding midfielder.

The bit about Sporting wanting to recoup some of their outlay will put paid to that.

The only Scottish team I could see him going to is Celtic, given the improvement in Armstrong under Rodgers there might be some thinking Gauld could hit his potential there. That and them being the only Scottish side who could realistically afford him.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I heard (can't remember from where) that Young Boys in Switzerland were very keen on him. That'd be a really interesting move for him.

Think you commented on this before and I would still say it would be a great move for him. That said, Swiss teams don't tend to pay big fees, other than Basel. He is the sort of player I can see doing well in the league here, and probably winding up mid table in the Bundesliga in a few years time...

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Let's just hope he ends up somewhere where they play him every week.

This 

If the Young Boys rumours are true then it could be a very good move for him.  The Swiss league is decently strong but not so strong that a guy at his level wouldn't get a game in.  Plus it would give him the opportunity to play European Football

It's a shame how his progress has faltered under Jesus. The signs weren't good when he signed Montilivo and Bryan Ruiz. He looked good under Silva early on. Anyway, this should be a good thing. Hopefully he gets a good move, preferably not back to Britain.