Fallout 4

Goran

What's the script with the scribes on Quinlans missions. Can't keep the fuckers alive. Impossible....!

I did my first scribe mission finally, and assumed that they'd be one of the indestructible NPCs. The location was crawling with Gunners, including one on the roof with a Fatman. I'd been there before, so knew what was coming, and sprinted away. Looked back only to find the mini nuke hit perfectly, one dead scribe.

My new playthrough is rekindling my enjoyment for the game. I don't know if it's just me looking at it with a more experienced eye, but I'm finding my luck a lot better this time. Have gotten around a third to a half way through the main quest, and done a few side quests that I didn't manage last time, and yet I've managed to grab 26 fusion cores around the wasteland. I remember really struggling last time for them, so maybe just getting lucky as to where I've found them. Also playing it more sensibly by not stockpiling all the rubbish I've picked up and actually trading. Built up a full carry weight (plus whatever dogmeat can take) then head to Diamond City to sell it all, trading back any particular ammo or supplies I need. Just building up levels enough so I can start turning my weapons into the brutal 100+ damage wielding machines that I had last time, and about to start setting up shops and supply lines between settlements.

Edited by forameus

Yeah I've been enjoying my second playthrough more. As I said earlier in now dedicating the majority of my time in the game to building up my settlements.

Sanctuary is now an impenetrable fortress, tonight I'm building my shopping centre, even considering moving all residents to sanctuary so I can have it like a mini diamond city.

Yeah I've been enjoying my second playthrough more. As I said earlier in now dedicating the majority of my time in the game to building up my settlements.

Sanctuary is now an impenetrable fortress, tonight I'm building my shopping centre, even considering moving all residents to sanctuary so I can have it like a mini diamond city.

Theres a limit to how much you can build/how many residents you can have in each settlement. Unless you have a PC of course, in which case theres a mod to extend it :)

I think it's around 25 unless you have the PC mod. I found this out after sticking 40-odd beds and all post-apocalyptic mod cons around Sanctuary but only having 22 folk living there.

I think its based on the total amount of construction, items etc rather than a fixed number of settlers.

Seemingly, there is a non-PC hack too

clicky

Somehow I've ended up with 36 settlers at Abernathy Farm - no hacks or mods installed, and I haven't been transferring folk from elsewhere, so I assume it's a bug.

There's nothing like enough beds, food, or water, but I'm refusing to build more in the hope that some of them piss off. I guess I could move them elsewhere, but all my settlements are getting pretty full.

Somehow I've ended up with 36 settlers at Abernathy Farm - no hacks or mods installed, and I haven't been transferring folk from elsewhere, so I assume it's a bug.

There's nothing like enough beds, food, or water, but I'm refusing to build more in the hope that some of them piss off. I guess I could move them elsewhere, but all my settlements are getting pretty full.

Uh-hum ...

I think its based on the total amount of construction, items etc rather than a fixed number of settlers.

If you havent built anything there that would explain it

Jeez, you expect me to actually read other people's posts now? :P

I think that's what I've inadvertently done. For a while, I've been dumping my personal weapons and armour in a container when I arrive at a settlement, before loading up with everything in the workbench and outfitting any new settlers, so the puir wee lambs don't get slaughtered. I assume that's affected the settlement size and maximum number of settlers.

Weird it's happened at Abernathy Farm though, as I'd be willing to bet that's the settlement I've spent the least time at :wacko:

I think that's what I've inadvertently done. For a while, I've been dumping my personal weapons and armour in a container when I arrive at a settlement, before loading up with everything in the workbench and outfitting any new settlers, so the puir wee lambs don't get slaughtered. I assume that's affected the settlement size and maximum number of settlers.

Weird it's happened at Abernathy Farm though, as I'd be willing to bet that's the settlement I've spent the least time at :wacko:

Well, mine certainly

kicking about with Macready in power armour (hes got my Atom cats one)

built a high level place at the building site (at work, name escapes me) as they took a pounding whilst I dealt with Macready's side mission.

getting to the stage I may need to do Virgils quest (booo)

I'm beginning to regret my decision to become a perm enemy to the BOS,
getting attacked all the time from them, even the big chopper is after me with
the machine gun. I had to do it in order to continue with the main Institute
mission. I completed that mission and now Shaun wants me to go to the Railroad
and kill all of them, bloody nightmare!. I did go to the Railroad but ended up
grassing the Institute in a belter so I've now got missions from them, I'm
guessing it's gonna come to the point I need to kill all of the Railroad to continue with the main quest, pain
in the arse!

Also I think I'm gonna have to go and kill big Danse, as I'm a BOS enemy he's
cutting about the Sanctuary and every time I go back he just attacks me, he's
got some cracking weapons of mine and some radiation suits I want back, he's getting a
nuke straight in the face the big dick!

I cant remember where I sent Strong. All the other companions are in Sanctuary but not him. At least on the PC I can use a console command to find him again

I'm the same, I've lost Danse now I'm an enemy to the BOS, the big arsehole attacks me at the Sanctuary now. I went back there initially to get big Strong to come with me but he's vanished and I've not seen Dogmeat in a long time either, f**k knows what I've done.

Strong was no doubt in one of the hooses doing a shite and I couldn't find him.

Seems like theres two caps. One on the amount of stuff you can physically build and another on the number of settlers, which is your charisma + 10

Handily, there are mods to over-ride both :thumsup2

Pain in the arse. Early building/scrapping frenzy means I can somehow no longer build machine gun turrets and am short on materials such as steel. Trying to kit out Spectacle Island. I suspect I'll need to give up an evening of hammering the Corvega factory and the weird toy horse place to bag some kit. That and hammer Preston's quests and bag/scrap everything I can.

And to top it all off, Curie is gone. Got her a nice new body more fitting of her hot French accent. Sure I sent her to Sanctuary when swapping out for either Cait or Piper but I can't find her.

All my settlers keep "un-assigning" themselves from jobs and every time i assign someone to farming my food supply drops lower. Is there any way to fix this without taking a hammer to the disk?

Not had that. Are you sure you're not assigning someone to a resource thats already assigned? That would unassign the original one.

I think it's around 25 unless you have the PC mod. I found this out after sticking 40-odd beds and all post-apocalyptic mod cons around Sanctuary but only having 22 folk living there.

It's linked to your level of charisma: Think it's your charisma level +10. You can get more by using CHR additive chems and clothing, I think.

I'm the same, I've lost Danse now I'm an enemy to the BOS, the big arsehole attacks me at the Sanctuary now. I went back there initially to get big Strong to come with me but he's vanished and I've not seen Dogmeat in a long time either, f**k knows what I've done.

Strong was no doubt in one of the hooses doing a shite and I couldn't find him.

I'm guessing you didn't complete Blind Betrayal before turning on the BoS, then?

Edited by renton