Fallout 4

Goran

Deathclaw also got stuck in the underground for me, meant i just had to use the pistol (about 100 rounds...) to kill him point blank...scary b*****d though.

Almost got addicted to building Sanctuary...have running water, three guard posts, a little farm, houses for the residents, fencing, decorated my home (including a brutal refurb of the stolen baby's room, including scrapping the cot).

Edited by AberdeenHibee

After a surprisingly quick install, I got a couple of hours on it last night.

It's just the absolute berries. The "fallout atmosphere" is there right from the off. It's prettier to look at then Fallout 3 and I know I'm just going to lose myself in this for months.

I played this for about 45 minutes last night, got as far as coming up from the vault. Instead of going where I was supposed to go, I ventured off to the left and met a man plus his dog/tiger in the trees who then proceeded to kill is. Respawned back in the vault then I had enough then turned it off.

Struggled like f**k with the deathclaw. Used all my minigun bullets on the raiders, and then wasted the power armour looking around for more :lol: Sat in church nearby and picked it off with some shitey rifle for about 10 minutes, running back and forth like f**k to lure it.

Loving it so far. Don't really get addicted to games these days, but I think I might with this!

The problem there is, for some inexplicable reason downloads cost more.

Maybe on console. Cost about £30 for PC version and that was just for a steam key, no discs involved.

Deathclaw also got stuck in the underground for me, meant i just had to use the pistol (about 100 rounds...) to kill him point blank...scary b*****d though.

Almost got addicted to building Sanctuary...have running water, three guard posts, a little farm, houses for the residents, fencing, decorated my home (including a brutal refurb of the stolen baby's room, including scrapping the cot).

I spent a good hour or two scrapping EVERYTHING scrappable in sanctuary to make a giant f**k off steel wall, steel enclosure and wooden house. Got a spot light, 4 guard posts, water pump and a flamethrower.

Complimentary Pip-Boy Edition for Platinum members just arrived, courtesy of Mr X - it's worth paying that £10, people 8)

Thanks again, sir!

Always good for a laugh to take a look at the Metacritic User Scores, BTW: currently sitting at 4.6 :lol:

Physical copies should be phased out by now. Should just be able to redeem a code and download it like Steam etc.

Loads of people still have dreadful download speeds, though; imagine buying your copy of Fallout 4 and having to wait a week before you can play it. Also, there are plenty of places in the world (including the primary market) where you still get a tiny monthly download quota, after which you pay extra - in those circumstances, you're going to be saving backups of everything you download anyway, so you're as well to have a physical copy at retail. No doubt the Aussie Posse can confirm, but I get the impression that the Australians are very happy for physical sales, for one.

Loving this so far, started off playing on Very Hard difficulty but had to drop it down to Hard as I couldn't get past the Deathclaw. There is a lot of things that have been brought through from Skyrim such as the workbenches and it states next to a location when you have cleared all the enemies.

Is it just me or does the map on the Pip Boy look fairly small?

only died once on this, fell off the b*****ding roof aiming at a raider.

i killed the deathclaw with the mini gun and totally missed the laser musket and could not locate it afterwards.

looks like a glow aim pistol for me for the time being.

also had to park the power armour at the garage as it died walking up to sanctuary.

can see a divorce in the future.. haha

For about 2 hours all I did was fix Sanctuary , I have built 2 building with beds , 3 water pumps, enough food, 4 guard post with 3 turrets and a generator with a light. Thinking about building a wall now though. So that any raiders will have to funnel into the bridge and it becomes a chokepoint.

Deathclaw killed me the first time but I hadn't powered up my armour. Went back for a power core and splayed it all over the street.

What do we think of the perks tree? I'm a fan, big improvement on the last set of games with a few interesting upgrades.

I played a couple of hours last night, and yet to be fully drawn in. Could be that I'm expecting too much from it, but I fully expect it to get better as I go. I didn't really settle on the Witcher to start with, and it's probably been my favourite ever game.

Switched it off after the Deathclaw killed me for the first time. The atmosphere so far is spot on, and putting the intro with the "flashback" to the before times made the impact of leaving the vault all the bigger. Once I get the chance to get a proper few straight hours on it, I should get into it a bit more.