Fallout 4

Goran

Didn't realise you could scroll down? I spent a while thinking that you must have to unlock a perk or two on each level before the game would unveil the next tier, as the usual key presses to scroll didn't work. Then I realised you just had to move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen :rolleyes:

Seems like there have been a few folk caught out by that.

I done exactly that..... Took me too level 19 to find out....

I've reached level 26 and just realised I've been doing perks wrong. I'm too embarrassed to admit how

Didn't realise you could scroll down? I spent a while thinking that you must have to unlock a perk or two on each level before the game would unveil the next tier, as the usual key presses to scroll didn't work. Then I realised you just had to move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen :rolleyes:

I done exactly that..... Took me too level 19 to find out....

^ Didn't read the tooltips with each perk. failfish.png

You've been going along in lines haven't you?

Yes, thats exactly what I was doing :lol:

^ Didn't read the tooltips with each perk. failfish.png

If you mean the bit where it says "requires INT3" or whatever, then yes I did. Its not very clear, though, that it means an INT score of 3 or more in SPECIAL. I first read it as Level 3 of the perks under INT.

Its obvious how it works once explained, or you work it out.

So Cait's a bit of a pain in the arse as a companion.

That fucking accent is doing my head in.

I used Dogmeat until I found Strong, then kept him because of his pack-mule capabilities. Then once I got Piper she tagged along, because I was getting sick of Strong hating every time I picked a lock. I started the BoS line yesterday, and accidentally sent Piper back replaced by Danse, but he's absolutely useless. Lost him somewhere (he just disappeared when I went back up to the airship) so had a tearful reunion with Piper back at Sanctuary Hills.

In the space of 15 mins. Slept with piper, hired macready and then got Hancock. All in goodneighbor.. away back to sanctuary hills to punt them all and lone Wolf it again.

If they had to have her Irish then they could have at least hired an Irish actress to voice her.

Painfully bad Oirish from a Scot no less. D:

Another thing that the Witcher absolutely nailed - spot on accents for the most part. Surely it isn't hard to just find an Irish person to do the voice acting? There's pure loads of them.

Another thing that the Witcher absolutely nailed - spot on accents for the most part. Surely it isn't hard to just find an Irish person to do the voice acting? There's pure loads of them.

Am I right in saying the voice actors on Fallout include Tim Russ (Captain of the airship) and Claudia Christian (Desmonde)? Always sad to see 90s Sci Fi franchise actors scrabbling about for game voice work.

Edited by renton

If they had to have her Irish then they could have at least hired an Irish actress to voice her.

Painfully bad Oirish from a Scot no less. D:

Really? That's a surprise. The accent was so bad I just assumed it was an American attempting "da oirish".

Totally true.

Place the awful Cait on the Skellige Isles in the Witcher - no contest.

Best accent in Fallout 4 is Whitechappel Charlie

Am I right in saying the voice actors on Fallout include Tim Russ (Captain of the airship) and Claudia Christian (Desmonde)? Always sad to see 90s Sci Fi franchise actors scrabbling about for game voice work.

Hey, don't knock the voice work. I understand it's good money, for substantially less work than is necessary for 'face' roles. Most of them roll out of bed and head along to the nearest recording studio, rather than jetting off for weeks on end to whichever dreich European country's offering the best tax breaks. Once they get past the lack of prestige, I'd imagine folk who make a living out of voice acting are pretty happy with their lot. Not to mention that it's a skill that plenty of name actors find hard to get to grips with.

Sorry, I've got a little bit of a boner for the voice acting community since I started paying attention to the credits and realising exactly how talented some of these guys are :P

Quick way to get her to like you, if you only have underwear on your character (armor over the top still counts) you get a 'cait likes this' anytime you fast travel. Just had her ask to go to a vault.

I look forward to meeting her; sounds like my kind of girl ;)

Does anyone know how to find missing companions?

In my haste to ride myself of Cait's terrible accent weeks ago I have in fact foolishly forgotten where the fudge I sent her.

Trying to get all the companion perks and this has thrown a spanner in the works.

Edited by Sir Peh McBridie

Hey, don't knock the voice work. I understand it's good money, for substantially less work than is necessary for 'face' roles. Most of them roll out of bed and head along to the nearest recording studio, rather than jetting off for weeks on end to whichever dreich European country's offering the best tax breaks. Once they get past the lack of prestige, I'd imagine folk who make a living out of voice acting are pretty happy with their lot. Not to mention that it's a skill that plenty of name actors find hard to get to grips with.

Sorry, I've got a little bit of a boner for the voice acting community since I started paying attention to the credits and realising exactly how talented some of these guys are :P

Agreed. Troy Baker is #sumboi

Deacon is amazing.

I've just met him. :)

There are a few things in the game that are a bit unintuitive; praise His Noodly Appendage for the internet :P

Thats the worst thing. I did look it up on the interweb and couldnt find anything that explained it very well :ph34r:

Does anyone know how to find missing companions?

In my haste to ride myself of Cait's terrible accent weeks ago I have in fact foolishly forgotten where the fudge I sent her.

Trying to get all the companion perks and this has thrown a spanner in the works.

They should be in one of your settlements. Otherwise, they might go back to where you first met them