Fallout 4

Goran

I'm on the second mission. I didn't realise I had to unlock the locksmith ability to get the power suit, I've got limited ammo, next to no health with no stimpaks and I have to take on raiders and a deathclaw. It keeps on going back to the same save point with the one nearest that being back when you meet Codsworth for the second time. I'll have nightmares about this :lol:

You can hack a computer to the side of the door instead of lockpicking. You can also save the game whenever you want...

Just completed Dunwich borers last night (had to restart at point 3. Fecking power armour and water do not mix) that was slightly mad and cait was a tad feart.

Just completed Dunwich borers last night (had to restart at point 3. Fecking power armour and water do not mix) that was slightly mad and cait was a tad feart.

Did exact same thing. Stupidly enough I already knew Power Armour stops you swimming when I launched into the pool.

Did exact same thing. Stupidly enough I already knew Power Armour stops you swimming when I launched into the pool.

I had forgotten I was in the power armour - taken it for a spin and found the quarry.

Made the same mistake with the 'one eyed monster' quest in the river... keep finding more armour

Well.. the domestic robot place just made me change underwear... dunno what cait did but when you hear a large boom and then turnaround to find an assaultron right in front of you... eep

Got it for Christmas, fairly enjoying so far but don't feel right into it yet.

This. I've played a ridiculous amount so far yet still havent started the main quest yet. Almost feels like theres too much to do early on instead of letting the story build a bit and then letting you roam free. Makes you feel a touch disconnected to everything a little.

Ghouls btw, are scary quick. I've found a hunting rifle with a bayonet attached to it, and have nailed a "shoot them in the leg then bayonet them" routine. Almost enjoy meeting them these days. Mirelurks not so much.

Also wandered into some Nature Park when wandering back to Sanctuary after a mission that left me with no ammo. Found a wee shack I thought might have some supplies in it, next minutes theres three Yao Guai at my back :mellow:

Anyone else playing with 8GB of RAM? The game really starts to chug after a couple of hours' play, so I guess it's time to upgrade again. Cue reminiscing about when I was thrilled to upgrade to 16 megabytes of RAM. There'll be a whole generation outraged when the recommended specs for Fallout 5 are 48GB and we all whine about how that's the same as a million Spectrums :P

Just found this Cait lassie - the Americans do love their dreadful Oirish accents, don't they? I assume it's because there are so many real life folk wandering around pretending to be Irish whose family haven't seen the 'old country' since the 19th Century.

Someone was asking about quick ways to level up - go to The Slog and leave your computing device on overnight. There's so much heavy-duty fighting goes on around the nearby ironworks that you gain XP like nobody's business. I was halfway between levels when I discovered it, and leveled up after a few minutes just looking around :blink:

Also, Gauss Rifle with 50% damage bonus to Super Mutants and maxed-out perks for rifles makes the Medford Medical Center an absolute delight :thumsup2

Doing BoS missions. Youre finding a lost unit. Youve to find a signal which leads into a satellite field.

Which has at least ten super mutants in it. Being drawing them out one by one until one decides to sprint at me. Manage to get a safe distance from the others and go one-on-one with it. Kill it. Only to find ive backed myself into a pack of wild mongrels. Plough my way through them, about to fire the final shot and a fucking deathclaw sideswipes me :lol:

The world is wild.

Accidentally found the glowing sea... my introduction was an alpha Deathclaw, luckily for me an albino giant radscorpian helped me out by distracting it