Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Labour are really shooting themselves in the foot here if we become Indy are they no?

My thoughts exactly. Labour need to tread VERY carefully.

What could the likes of Brown or Lamont offer to an iScotland?

My thoughts exactly. Labour need to tread VERY carefully.

What are you suggetsing here? that labour should hedge their bets in case it's a yes vote? that'd be a ridiculously shallow postion for any poltical party.

What are you suggetsing here? that labour should hedge their bets in case it's a yes vote? that'd be a ridiculously shallow postion for any poltical party.

As shallow, as, say, painting a big bus red and putting the Saltire on it's side?

As shallow, as, say, painting a big bus red and putting the Saltire on it's side?

Not really my cup of tea I grant you but I don't really see what's offensive about it - there's a campaign on, it's a campaign bus what's wrong with that?

Some of Lamont's drivel from last night:

"We know that if we vote Yes in September we will still be every bit as Scottish but we will be a little bit smaller, poorer and more inward looking.
This is a debate between Scotland and Salmond and Scotland is going to win".

Only needed 'we'll be less intelligent' for a full house.

What a fucking old boot, people go on about Salmond etc, Salmond can be a bit of a fud, but not to the levels of this old witch.

She is a ridiculous old harriden.

I look forward to her being flung into political oblivion come September. Let's see how her genetic programming does her then.

The thing that would really worry me if I was a Labour man is how common it is for them to drop in the "hardworking people" chat these days. A Tory favourite great for dividing people and blaming the worst off for all of societies woes.

The two main Yes parties are the only two I know of in elected British politics who don't talk about whole groups of people as "problems".

The thing that would really worry me if I was a Labour man is how common it is for them to drop in the "hardworking people" chat these days. A Tory favourite great for dividing people and blaming the worst off for all of societies woes.

The two main Yes parties are the only two I know of in elected British politics who don't talk about whole groups of people as "problems".

I didn't realise Labour politicians have started using the "hardworking people" line?

Easily the most horrific, cringeworthy phrase uttered in modern politics.

It's just awful and I'd have (foolishly, possibly) thought more of Labour than that.

I didn't realise Labour politicians have started using the "hardworking people" line?

Easily the most horrific, cringeworthy phrase uttered in modern politics.

It's just awful and I'd have (foolishly, possibly) thought more of Labour than that.

I've heard them using it plenty of times. The poorest in our society will still get shafted regardless of whether it's red or blue running the UK.

Well if we go Indy I wont be voting for them now after all this pish, can GTF.

Right. So you won't vote for a party in the future because they campaigned in a particular way on this issue?

That's really really stupid.

Archived