Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ad Lib and HB, maybe he'll vote for them because after a No vote because at Westminster, we are now effectively looking at a two party system.

Scotland has a 2 party system also. that's going to be true after a Yes vote too.

It's just stupid to write off a political party who may share your views on say education, finance, social policy etc. because they were on the other side from you in the referendum.

If Scotland voted Yes, though I think the SNP are a disgrace in many ways, and their conduct has left a lot to be desired, it wouldn't put me off voting for them again, if they were the best option available.

It's just stupid to write off a political party who may share your views on say education, finance, social policy etc. because they were on the other side from you in the referendum.

I don't think he did say this.

On the other side of one issue = fine. People don't agree on everything.

Answering a statement about the Iraq War and spending billions on nuclear weapons by calling them "wee things" = Fundamentally not a party I can vote for. Obviously have totally different priorities to me.

That's how I see it. Suspect many are the same.

I don't think he did say this.

Well, perhaps he can explain in what way :

"Labour are really shooting themselves in the foot here if we become Indy are they no?"

doesn't relate to them not being voted for after a Yes vote because of their stance on the referendum.

Answering a statement about the Iraq War and spending billions on nuclear weapons by calling them "wee things" = Fundamentally not a party I can vote for.

Right, so what one person says or does influences whether you can vote for a party for ever?

Should we never vote for the SNP again, because they've had homphobic bigots and wife beaters as elected members?

Well, perhaps he can explain in what way : "Labour are really shooting themselves in the foot here if we become Indy are they no?" doesn't relate to them not being voted for after a Yes vote because of their stance on the referendum.
Read my edit on the last page. I jumped in to disagree with the statement that its stupid to withhold your support because of a campaign and in this case "all the pish" spouted therein.Lamont says this campaign is between Salmond and Scotland. If Scotland chooses "Salmond" (complete fail but anyway" then of course Labour have shot themselves in the foot. She's trying to double down on the probable No vote with a tanking of the SNP. If it fails, it's a disaster for her.
Right, so what one person says or does influences whether you can vote for a party for ever? Should we never vote for the SNP again, because they've had homphobic bigots and wife beaters as elected members?
If it was the SNP's policy to endorse homophobia and bigotry, aye I would 100% never vote for them. It isn't though. The "wee thing" statement isn't some rogue opinion though, it's totally illuminative of how Labour thinks. We'll never apologise and vote for us anyway.

It's alright to have a stance on the vote but take a look at Labours twitter it's ridiculous, they've gone far to far towards NO, they'll have voters who are pro Independence will they not? Surely it's silly to go as far as they have gone?

I'll no be voting labour if we become independent, independence is something I massively want and they are going ridiculously OTT with trying to push a NO vote, can GTF.

It's alright to have a stance on the vote but take a look at Labours twitter it's ridiculous, they've gone far to far towards NO, they'll have voters who are pro Independence will they not? Surely it's silly to go as far as they have gone?

I'll no be voting labour if we become independent, independence is something I massively want and they are going ridiculously OTT with trying to push a NO vote, can GTF.

They're a unionist party during a referendum FFS :lol:

the SNP have plenty of voters who are pro-union, should they ease up on the whole 2Yes" stuff?

You should read their press releases :lol: I get them to my work email, stopped being any use a long time ago but they're too entertaining to unsubscribe from.

About 90% Alex Salmond based. The speed at which they've become a typical seething, parochial diddy opposition party is quite remarkable.

I'll not be voting for them ever anyway. I can totally understand why those who might wouldn't do so after Independence though.

You should read their press releases :lol: I get them to my work email, stopped being any use a long time ago but they're too entertaining to unsubscribe from.About 90% Alex Salmond based. The speed at which they've become a typical seething, parochial diddy opposition party is quite remarkable.I'll not be voting for them ever anyway. I can totally understand why those who might wouldn't do so after Independence though.

Honestly, have a skek at their twitter, just a lot of fucking shite! Shouldn't expect anything less from people campaigning for a NO vote though...

Loads of photos like that it's embarrassing and that big fucking bus full of fannies firing about. Lamont being in the spotlights done her no good either.

Right, so they've gone too far by promoting their postion ahead of a referendum and using a bus?

Am I getting this right?

Right, so they've gone too far by promoting their postion ahead of a referendum and using a bus?

Am I getting this right?

A bus ... with a SALTIRE!!!!

Aye, that was a weird point as well.

It's part of the ethno-Nat mindset.

Only Yes campaigners are allowed to use the Scottish flag. Because they are the good guys. And fings.

Archived