Scottish Independence

xbl

And neither have I said they are offering devomax. But they are attempting to talk about it. Interesting though, why bother conceptualising something you are not prepared to offer.

Devo Max isn't further devo. They aren't talking about devo max.

Sorry to be clear - devo max and furtehr devoltuion are different things, i don't see anyone trying to conflate the two.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devo Max isn't further devo. They aren't talking about devo max.

Sorry to be clear - devo max and furtehr devoltuion are different things, i don't see anyone trying to conflate the two.

As devo max was never defined or agreed upon im not sure how you can state such things.

Every time the statusquo mob produce a "game changer" the YES vote goes up. Must be frustrating.

Does it? How come you're so far behind then?

As devo max was never defined or agreed upon im not sure how you can state such things.

I think it was always agreed upon as full fiscal autonomy, with defence, foreign affairs remaining reserved?

Does it? How come you're so far behind then?

So far behind? What's the % of No voters?

If No "wins" anything under the 60% will still be pretty damming

I think it was always agreed upon as full fiscal autonomy, with defence, foreign affairs remaining reserved?

Was it? As the three unionist parties refused point blank to discuss it then I see no evidence that this was the case. Civic Scotland attempted to pronote discussion with the aim of defining and promoting it but it died out pretty quickly. So your definition of it is probably as valid as anyone elses. The point remains though that the three unionist parties are returning to an arena of policy debate which they walked away from a year and a half ago.

Was it? As the three unionist parties refused point blank to discuss it then I see no evidence that this was the case. Civic Scotland attempted to pronote discussion with the aim of defining and promoting it but it died out pretty quickly. So your definition of it is probably as valid as anyone elses. The point remains though that the three unionist parties are returning to an arena of policy debate which they walked away from a year and a half ago.

I think their comissions were set up aound 18 months - 2 years ago to be fair.

That has always been my understanding of devo max.

Yes it does. NO havent produced enough "game changers". When is this Tory/Labour love in stunt pledge signing happening?

Well we're still winning pretty comfortably. Surely it's the yes side who need game changers at this stage anyway, it's you that needs the dramatic swing, not us.

The 3 party pledge will happen in the weeks leading up to the referendum I'm assuming.

So far behind? What's the % of No voters?

If No "wins" anything under the 60% will still be pretty damming

Damning in what sense? Surely it will be more damning for the defeated side than the winning side?

I hope for and expect a Quebec-esque reaction post referendum. A reaction where support for independence actually wanes away after it's democratic rejection. Then we can focus on getting more powers to Holyrood so we have full domestic autonomy whilst remaining part of the UK.

The ones that have reported recently - the tories last week for example.

You mean the three unionist parties conmissions on devolution?

Lord Strathclyde began his commission twelve months ago, almost a year and a half after the Tories had demanded no devo max and less than a year after the "line in the sand"

Labour set up their devolution commission the second they got tanned in the SE. Their interim report offered a mish mash of unpromised policy discussion and zero concrete proposals for a workable policy.

The LibDems- who knows they are now irrelevant.

You mean the three unionist parties conmissions on devolution?

Lord Strathclyde began his commission twelve months ago, almost a year and a half after the Tories had demanded no devo max and less than a year after the "line in the sand"

Labour set up their devolution commission the second they got tanned in the SE. Their interim report offered a mish mash of unpromised policy discussion and zero concrete proposals for a workable policy.

The LibDems- who knows they are now irrelevant.

So are unionist parties not allowed to change their policies? Are nationalist parties allowed to change theirs?

Archived