Scottish Independence

xbl

We never did get your opinion on how you'd react if this was a UK Govt Civil servant and a yes scotland activist....

You're a wee trier. To reward your dogged perseverance, I'll answer you. If said Yes Scotland activist was purporting to be just a member of Joe Public and said civil servant found out that the activist was heavily involved in politics and therefore misleading the public, I would have no issue with said civil servant uncovering this.

Happy?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a wee trier. To reward your dogged perseverance, I'll answer you. If said Yes Scotland activist was purporting to be just a member of Joe Public and said civil servant found out that the activist was heavily involved in politics and therefore misleading the public, I would have no issue with said civil servant uncovering this.

Happy?

Aw thanks!

Curious that'd you be happy with a civil servant wokring on an expressly poltical issue which has nothing to do with Government business but whatever.

Aw thanks!

Curious that'd you be happy with a civil servant wokring on an expressly poltical issue which has nothing to do with Government business but whatever.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Take from that what you will.

:)

No it's not. Whataboutery is actually the hypothetical example i presented to confidemus, where a UK Civil servant had sent an unsolcited email containing false information about a Yes campaigner.

Spads spin information and brief journalists all the time in westminster, why would Hollyrood doing it be a mortal sin?

We never did get your opinion on how you'd react if this was a UK Govt Civil servant and a yes scotland activist....

How would the Unionists on here have reacted if that had been the case?

As political spokesperson then I would have thought so yes.

Spads spin information and brief journalists all the time in westminster, why would Hollyrood doing it be a mortal sin?

This isn;t a holyrood/westminster issue but what is and is not approiate for a taxpayer funded civil servant to be doing during the actual campaign period.

Spads spin in Westminster and Holyrood - do they do it during eleciton campaigns?

This isn;t a holyrood/westminster issue but what is and is not approiate for a taxpayer funded civil servant to be doing during the actual campaign period.

You were the one who raised Westminster. I would imagine that the onset of the campaign period would make it more appropriate.

Spads spin in Westminster and Holyrood - do they do it during eleciton campaigns?

This isnt an election campaign and therefore not party political. They are there to promote the objectives of the Government of the day. Worth bearing in mind that Gunn acted in the role of a Special Advisor therefore his role will be different from a normal Government civil servant in that he IS party political and not required to be impartial.

Clearly the Scottish Govts objective is to gain Independence therefore it is entirely appropriate for the civil service to further this cause and promote a YES vote. The civil service in Westminster will be doing precisely that.

You were the one who raised Westminster. I would imagine that the onset of the campaign period would make it more appropriate.

Civil servants aren't campaign or party employees. The fact that the official regulated campaign period has started is more reason for them to be beyond reproach in terms of campaign or party-political activity, not less.

It was embarrassing watching you arse kissing upto UKIP. You're obviously looking to get a sniff in the party.

Mmm hmm

Stick to copying and pasting wee pictures.. Thats about your level.

Civil servants aren't campaign or party employees. The fact that the official regulated campaign period has started is more reason for them to be beyond reproach in terms of campaign or party-political activity, not less.

*sigh*

You are confusing an election campaign with a referendum campaign where the rules of impartiality dont apply. You are further confusing the role of a Government civil servant with that of a party appointed Special Advisor who is not required to be impartial even during election campaigns.

Mmm hmm

Stick to copying and pasting wee pictures.. Thats about your level.

You support UKIP, that little shred of remaining creditability you had before going into hiding

Is gone

for the benefit of AdLib *sigh* who will no doubt be along shortly to apologise for attempting to tell us all about it when he clearly had no idea what he was talking about. HB would have callled it lies but I wont.

http://faststream.civilservice.gov.uk/meet-our-graduates/ambassadors/generalist/blog/2013/july/saving-the-union-as-a-civil-servant/

Archived