Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

So whats shit about the NO campaign?

Its key political actors have no credible plan for further powers, its narrative is too pessimistic about the economic prospects of an independent Scotland, it completely lacks a vision for British identity, it is led by people don't know the meaning of the word positive, it has some pretty grubby donors, and they have no real understanding of the inherent flaws of using devolution rather than constitutional federalism to deliver a structure which provides an actually stable settlement.

Edited by Ad Lib

Its key political actors have no credible plan for further powers, its narrative is too pessimistic about the economic prospects of an independent Scotland, it completely lacks a vision for British identity, it is led by people don't know the meaning of the word positive, it has some pretty grubby donors, and they have no real understanding of the inherent flaws of using devolution rather than constitutional federalism to deliver a structure which provides an actually stable settlement.

I don't know what in your opinion is the least shit one so can you clarify if it's a YES or a NO from you? This should be good...

I'd be interested to hear NewBornBairn's prediction for the turnout, given his above prediction of the percentage vote.

Are unionists not comfortable talking about the turnout?

Another Falkirk fan on the unionist side? Is that 4?

FYI, turnout to be above 75%

I don't know what in your opinion is the least shit one so can you clarify if it's a YES or a NO from you? This should be good...

*sigh*

For what feels like the 500th time, the Yes campaign is marginally less shit and I'm voting Yes.

*sigh*

For what feels like the 500th time, the Yes campaign is marginally less shit and I'm voting Yes.

To be fair Ab Lib I can understand people questioning your position as if I hadn't seen you state this before I would assume you were voting a resounding no but I have seen you state many times you are a Yes voter although certainly not an enthusiastic one

You might be right but for the life of me I just can't see where those numbers are coming from.

1.5 million Scots don't think we can handle our own decision making?

I can't believe that.

The polls would suggest it's a possibility, unless, and it's not unlikely, that the DKs all go to yes(That's one of the reasons why excluding them is flawed imo)

By the way there are many no voters that think Scotland is perfectly capable of running itself, they just don't think it's desirable. In fact I only know a handful of people that think we'd actually be fucked if we vote yes.

You might be right but for the life of me I just can't see where those numbers are coming from.

1.5 million Scots don't think we can handle our own decision making?

I can't believe that.

This is total bollocks.

Voting No is not the same as "thinking Scots can't handle their own decision-making".

To be fair to Ad Lib, if he isn't bullshitting and he is a genuine Yes voter, this is good news for us. If there are thousands of others like him who perhaps are emotionally British and sceptical of independence but willing to give it a shot, then I don't think that's a bad thing for the vote.

To be fair Ab Lib I can understand people questioning your position as if I hadn't seen you state this before I would assume you were voting a resounding no but I have seen you state many times you are a Yes voter although certainly not an enthusiastic one

Being a massive pessimist about the Yes campaign and rejecting nonsense assertions by Yes voters is not the same thing as being against Scottish independence. A lot of Yes voters would do well to remember that.

Hang on a second. Don't start abusing me.

This vote is about who makes the decisions which affect Scotland.

You either vote to make it Scotland or you vote to allow Westminster to continue.

A No vote is a vote of no confidence in ourselves to govern our own affairs.

What else could it possibly be?

You're twisting it too much.

Its not that far away from someone saying that a Yes vote is a vote against the English (although I admit, not quite as blatant).

Hang on a second. Don't start abusing me.

This vote is about who makes the decisions which affect Scotland.

You either vote to make it Scotland or you vote to allow Westminster to continue.

A No vote is a vote of no confidence in ourselves to govern our own affairs.

What else could it possibly be?

No it isn't. A No vote is not to say that Scotland cannot make its own decisions. It is to say that you prefer that some decisions are made collectively with the rest of the United Kingdom. They are completely different propositions.