Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I think the Arbroath supporting Separatist is having an absolute shocker today. He echoes the opinions of the worst type of Nationalist.

I'm English, as you all know, based in Scotland and consider myself British from a nation within a nation (the United Kingdom). Of course, that is unacceptable to Lichtie. I'm just an English foreigner to him.

Well done to the more moderate Yes supporters who disagreed with him.

I think you should have your vote stripped from you.

HTH.

I think the Arbroath supporting Separatist is having an absolute shocker today. He echoes the opinions of the worst type of Nationalist.

I'm English, as you all know, based in Scotland and consider myself British from a nation within a nation (the United Kingdom). Of course, that is unacceptable to Lichtie. I'm just an English foreigner to him.

That's a poor interpretation of what he actually stated. Not at all surprising from yourself though, as you seem to have misinterpreted everything to do with the debate so far. Lichtie was quite clear that he had no probs with the English - whether domiciled in Scotland or England - just that he considered England not to be his country.

I've read a lot of your stuff and I'm quite sure that should we ever meet, I wouldn't like you much but it would have nothing to do with you being English and from what Lichtie has said, it wouldn't be a consideration for him either. Your a stubborn head in the sand numpty who refuses to properly look at the Yes argument, to make a rational and informed decision, on something that could lead your adopted Country to a better place. You being English is not an issue, other than it being unfortunate that many of your fellow countrymen who have settled in and are enjoying the benefits of life in Scotland, are by all accounts similarly minded.

What's wrong with foreigners? You seem to use the word as a negative.

Since 1992.

Quite a while now. :)

When you where living in England, did you say you were British or English?

Just wonder if you feel more British when living or even just working in another part of the UK.

I have never lived or spent any time working outside of Scotland and I dont get that British feeling.

What worries me is that he loves his mate sooooooo much, yet considers England a foreign country? So basically this guy could be from Russia or China for all he cares? Bizarre.

It's a real shame that two of the better yes posters, Ayrmad and Lichtie, have taken a lurch lately. Both of these guys were decent posters who could genuinely sway the undecideds unlike your standard clown collective type troll, but lately they've both just sank to the deepest depths of the kool aid krew. Real shame tbh.

What worries me is that he loves his mate sooooooo much, yet considers England a foreign country? So basically this guy could be from Russia or China for all he cares? Bizarre.

It's a real shame that two of the better yes posters, Ayrmad and Lichtie, have taken a lurch lately. Both of these guys were decent posters who could genuinely sway the undecideds unlike your standard clown collective type troll, but lately they've both just sank to the deepest depths of the kool aid krew. Real shame tbh.

Are you saying that we are not allowed to like anyone from China or Russia?

Surely there is a name for that?

Are you saying that we are not allowed to like anyone from China or Russia?

Surely there is a name for that?

Trust you to spin my words. The implication was that viewing the Russian and Chinese in the same boat as the English is unacceptable. Well I won't say unacceptable, because I'm not an identity fascist, but it's a bit bizarre given that we share an island with the English and are usually on their side in wars etc

Trust you to spin my words. The implication was that viewing the Russian and Chinese in the same boat as the English is unacceptable. Well I won't say unacceptable, because I'm not an identity fascist, but it's a bit bizarre given that we share an island with the English and are usually on their side in wars etc

Nope. Dont get you.

Maybe if you dig that hole a wee bit deeper I will see what your getting at.

" UNACCEPTABLE"?

Does that stand for those who have family in China or Russia, yet none in England?

Would seem that you are denying them their identity. Fascist.

:lol::lol:

Nope. Dont get you.

Maybe if you dig that hole a wee bit deeper I will see what your getting at.

" UNACCEPTABLE"?

Does that stand for those who have family in China or Russia, yet none in England?

Would seem that you are denying them their identity. Fascist.

:lol::lol:

I specifically said that I wasn't using the word unacceptable. Nightmare for you in this thread :lol:

I specifically said that I wasn't using the word unacceptable. Nightmare for you in this thread :lol:

No. You used it.

Retracting it in the next sentence when you could have deleted it and used another word, is not a retraction.

Why cant you be as half as smart as you think you are?

When you where living in England, did you say you were British or English?

Just wonder if you feel more British when living or even just working in another part of the UK.

I have never lived or spent any time working outside of Scotland and I dont get that British feeling.

I'm both, but living in different parts of the UK does make you appreciate the countries are effectively the same.

I have spent most of my life living in Scotland so "British" is actually a more accurate description for me than "English" now I suppose. Just depends who asks the question. If someone from the UK asks I'll say I'm English but if someone from outside the UK asked I'd simplify it to "British". Either or, they are both correct at the end of the day. :)

Loving the hate by some of the BritNats here. It's my opinion. It won't change. Like I said on another thread pundit one of my best mates is English, I'm not some nationalist anti English hater. I'll stand by my opinion, you are English and you are foreign to me. Can you please explain to me what's wrong with me saying that?

I'm both, but living in different parts of the UK does make you appreciate the countries are effectively the same.

I have spent most of my life living in Scotland so "British" is actually a more accurate description for me than "English" now I suppose. Just depends who asks the question. If someone from the UK asks I'll say I'm English but if someone from outside the UK asked I'd simplify it to "British". Either or, they are both correct at the end of the day. :)

It does seem that most NO voters on here either come from, or work or intend to work, south of the border.

This must bear in some measure, to your strong sense of British sentiment.

Understandable.

Those of us that have no day to day connection with other parts of the UK, just dont feel it.

Funnily enough I agree with you and it would just be as valid, should Scotland become independent of The UK. I would always refer to myself as Scottish wherever I was though and when I'm oversees, it also feels safer to do so too. Just one of the wee bonuses of belonging to a nation who enjoy a better reputation than some wannabe super power. Next time you're abroad, say your Scottish rather than British and see how the locals warm to you.