Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Same rules apply do they? Do you have another course text to back this up?

"sizeable number" :lol:

Looks like he'll be scrambling about Bartels 1988; Lavrakas et al. 1991; Nadeau et al. 1994; and Mehrabian 1998 - the author doesn't explicitly explain the phenomenon of the 'bandwagon' effect. Even then he concedes that "group pressure and interpersonal conformity" may have a "much stronger effect" than the bandwagon theory.

That's ignoring that the author states: "Voting for political parties or presidential candidates is less clearly linked to conformity than participation in national elections".

And that's being kinder and forgetting that the author states at the beginning of the results section: "It is beyond the reach of the analysis, however, to assess how conformist voting behavior might have affected national politics in any country".

Not only does the data not refer to referendums on independence, but it doesn't actually matter that fucking much to what the data actually applies to.

WeeperDee :lol:

Can tell the NCC are rattled when they start throwing the social theory stuff out :huh::huh::huh:

I just asked someone what NCC means after reading the last couple of pages on here and not knowing the reference.

What a childish fucking moron you are. :1eye

Have you really never heard " what's the point in voting for them when they have no chance of winning"?

Uh huh. :lol:

In First Past the Post constituencies!!

And in fact, that's the opposite claim anyway! Weeper Dee is trying to suggest people would say "Well, I wasn't going to vote Tory, but they look like being the winners nationally, so, you know what, I'll vote for them too" :rolleyes:

Edited by H_B

Nat Clown Collective.

Aye I know know, it's utterly tragic banter m8.

ETA: In fairness Casual Bystander, "nodrones".

ryan6.gif

It's a shame when grown men discussing the political future of our nation have resorted to Hibs/Hearts yams and hobos level.

Edited by Guest

I heard a great phrase from an American commentator who was looking upon the Scottish referendum issue. He did a pretty even job at pointing out the pros and cons on both sides, but did come out with the line of..

"The way the Better Together lead has dropped over the last couple of weeks they are at risk of coming 3rd in a two horse race" .. :lol:

Was reading an article from ultra unionist Ian Martin in the Telegraph about not worrying in London as there are thousands of BT activists in Scotland knocking doors etc. That's where the real battle is being won he declared.

I then had to point out to him via Twitter that BT have no activists! If that's where the war is being won then the war is over!

Looks like he'll be scrambling about Bartels 1988; Lavrakas et al. 1991; Nadeau et al. 1994; and Mehrabian 1998 - the author doesn't explicitly explain the phenomenon of the 'bandwagon' effect. Even then he concedes that "group pressure and interpersonal conformity" may have a "much stronger effect" than the bandwagon theory.

That's ignoring that the author states: "Voting for political parties or presidential candidates is less clearly linked to conformity than participation in national elections".

And that's being kinder and forgetting that the author states at the beginning of the results section: "It is beyond the reach of the analysis, however, to assess how conformist voting behavior might have affected national politics in any country".

Not only does the data not refer to referendums on independence, but it doesn't actually matter that fucking much to what the data actually applies to.

WeeperDee :lol:

Textbook Weeper. :lol:

Another for entry for the Anthony C Pick Hall of Shame.

Aye I know know, it's utterly tragic banter m8.

ryan6.gif

It's a shame when grown men discussing the political future of our nation have resorted to Hibs/Hearts yams and hobos level.

You can add in Confi's Nawbags and Bitters Together.

In all fairness though he's had similar (unprintable) plays on his username in return.

In my defence, I think nodrones is a rather apt description of those who swallow the political and religious mantras of their parents. Live in Glasgow and there is no paucity of such people. Bitter Together is also an entirely fair description of their campaign.

In my defence, I think nodrones is a rather apt description of those who swallow the political and religious mantras of their parents.

It's so shit absolutely no one has repeated it. That says it all really.

From what I've read today it would appear that "Tell them the tories are out at the next election" is the first tactic.

The focus on the Tories is horrendous. It's as if they are some form of terrible extremists rather than a right of centre mainstream party. It's designed to appeal to the base instincts of the more simple voters.

What amazes me is that BT, who continue to bumble along ineffectively, don't shut Salmond up when he tells Milliband to get back into bed with the Tories. Is this the leader of the same SNP who only got some of their legislative programme through after the 2007 Holyrood election by cosying up to the Tories.

Scottish politicians can be really poor. The media are no better. If I were a journalist I'd love the opportunity to focus on some of the nonsense being spoken by both sides. Most Scottish journalists are either partisan or too frightened to upset one side or the other.