Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Here's a stat.

The electorate for this referendum is believed to be 4.1 million. If the turnout is 80% (which looks very possible), No would need around 1,643,280 votes to win.

Once again, I simply refuse to believe that many people are falling for the nonsense from BT and that they would all be willing to vote against independence.

Not scientific I know, but a couple of weeks back we had 1million signed up to pledge their Yes vote.

Not scientific I know, but a couple of weeks back we had 1million signed up to pledge their Yes vote.

True but I make this point regarding that. Blair Jenkins and the rest of Yes Scotland gain absolutely NOTHING from lying about the amount of legitimate signatures that declaration has gathered. They will want a clear indication of how well they are doing and what more they need to do to reach the required amount of votes.

I'm now a tiny bit worried that Yes will win and I won't be in Scotland to celebrate. I'm supposed to be in Hong Kong when the result will come through, but if things keep moving I'll have to think about getting a ticket back.

Same with me as I'll be in Canada. At least if there's a No vote then I can ignore the immediate aftermath and come back hoping it's died down a bit upon return a week or two later. :unsure:

f**k that. Regardless of the outcome I think I'll wind up getting myself deported from Switzerland, the state I'm expecting to end up in. I'm just hoping it's a Yes vote, at least then it'll be worthwhile.

f**k that. Regardless of the outcome I think I'll wind up getting myself deported from Switzerland, the state I'm expecting to end up in. I'm just hoping it's a Yes vote, at least then it'll be worthwhile.

Go to Liechtenstein for the evening....

Quite a few queaky bummed English MPs on PM's Questions just now. One claiming that they've been far too complacent and that they should drop everything over the next two weeks to stand shoulder to shoulder.

They do have a point, you would think the potential break up of the UK would be getting at the very least discussed weekly at PMQs fighting to keep it together, but they've sat back the majority of the time doing nothing, assuming no chance of a yes vote. Now they are shitting it

1 million yes voters signed up does not mean they will all turn out to vote,and besides the no vote should have more than that easy.

It's up to 1.3 million now I've heard. And you do realise not EVERY single yes voter will have signed it??????????? :lol:

Need about 1.62 to win it on an 80 percent turnout supposedly. Not bad.

It's up to 1.3 million now I've heard. And you do realise not EVERY single yes voter will have signed it??????????? :lol:

Need about 1.62 to win it on an 80 percent turnout supposedly. Not bad.

Can this not be skewed by people signing it who aren't even in the country/eligible to vote?

It means nothing either way really.

Can this not be skewed by people signing it who aren't even in the country/eligible to vote?

It means nothing either way really.

http://www.yesscotland.net/join-in/sign-the-declaration

Please note we will remove any multiple entries and that only people on the electoral register in Scotland will be counted towards our target of 1 million signatures. However, if you do not live in Scotland you are very welcome to show your support by signing even if it does not count towards that total.

You're right though. H_B and Lex signing it means that we can chuck the other 1.3million signatures in the bin.

It's a sham!

I signed it, just for a laugh :)

It would have been more effective if you'd signed it before it had reached one million signatures.

Instead you've just come across as being really bothered about it. Your one signature doesn't negate all the other signatures I'm afraid.