Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Guest The Phoenix
He's made more than one tasteless joke on this thread. What does that show other than his absolute arseholeness?

I did say I wasn't defending him.

It won't mean much or even do a lot but to anyone on here who has lost a friend/colleague or family member, you have my sincere condolences.

A terrible, terrible event.

I wasn't too far away from the crash (the O2 academy) when it happened and as I crossed the Clyde I could see all the blue lights and you just knew something major had happened.

When I read on here what it was, my heart sank.

Sorry to anyone affected.

That's about the size of it.

Why, though? Why on this particular thread, Sarge? Is it really appropriate or necessary at this particular time?

Mind two folk were banned for their tasteless moronic comments when a Killie fan was dying at a match? There's a time and a place for tasteless moronic nonsense, but is this it?

Edited by paranoid android

Calm down people, a banning would be a joke.

For the record, I'm not asking for anyone to be banned.

I get Sergeant Wilson's sense of humour (after a fashion) but I don't think this is the time or place for it.

Merely my opinion - others obviously feel differently.

Edited by paranoid android

BBC reports a ninth body has been pulled out of the rubble of the pub and another person who died has been named as Samuel McGhee (the name was reported in some of Sunday's papers).

Also from the bbc article "Police Scotland said it could not rule out the possibility of more bodies being found." so the number of fatalities might go up still.

BBC reports a ninth body has been pulled out of the rubble of the pub and another person who died has been named as Samuel McGhee (the name was reported in some of Sunday's papers).

Also from the bbc article "Police Scotland said it could not rule out the possibility of more bodies being found." so the number of fatalities might go up still.

So sad to hear that

Just back from a long day there,want to thank on behalf of my colleagues the people who donated sweeties, drinks and the volunteers from the Plymouth brethren who fed the emergency services at scene to avoid delays entirely from donations by their congregation, the taxis who ferried donations from places like tesco bank filled with drinks and crisps to keep the workers going and the people at the mosque and church who gave us somewhere warm to reflect. Sometimes people say hurtful things at a time like this but the above examples and the many more that perhaps I didn't see totally outshine the bad, the humanity displayed by the people of glasgow this weekend has been wonderful and has genuinely touched me and I know a number of my colleagues.

Can only echo this, there's not been much said about the volunteers etc but they all just got out their beds and came to try and help in any way they could and are still there!

Noticed a guy on the news this morning having a moan about how long the recovery is taking, upsetting for the guy but he needs to wind his neck in.

edited to add...

Guy is on again telling the news that they need to suspend the helicopter and pull the front of pub down to get access.

He really should get to f**k and let the emergency services get on with it.

Edited by Romeo

Can we ban this member please?

He is a vile, tasteless moron and is an embarrassment to this forum.

This forum would be a better place if it banned those who suggested banning other users. Maybe you should stick to Facebook. Pressing "like" is probably about as much of a contribution as you're capable of.

This forum would be a better place if it banned those who suggested banning other users. Maybe you should stick to Facebook. Pressing "like" is probably about as much of a contribution as you're capable of.

Thanks for your input. Most helpful.