The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Cup travel advice for WILLIE A and Kinky. BE AWARE http://www.spiders.com.au

ETA: looking forward to hosting this cup tie but quite understand if you want to forfeit. emoji887.pngemoji887.pngemoji887.pngemoji246.pngemoji482.pngemoji482.png

If I lose I'll be putting it down to jet lag, dodgy foreign food and bad lager.

( Seriously 1st time in cup. Do you post answers on forum or pm the Cardinal ? )

40 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

If I lose I'll be putting it down to jet lag, dodgy foreign food and bad lager.

( Seriously 1st time in cup. Do you post answers on forum or pm the Cardinal ? )

Sorry, forgot there were some newbs in the cup. I'll explain very briefly...

I'll post a quiz, similar to the Aussie one but Northern Hemispherean in nature. You then PM me your result (don't worry about the answers as it will be multiple choice)... once I have all the scores for each tie (i.e. 3 scores), I'll post the result. The winning team then progresses to the quarter finals. In the event of a one or two teams getting the same score, I'll post a tie-breaker question.. the team that gets closest to the correct answer (or the correct answer, which has happened twice), will then progress! 

Well, week 7 is in the bag, and congrats once again to WRK... the lad really is a machine. 

Edmund has bagged another second place, UNLESS Dayman can achieve a 7 (Edmund would slip into 3rd place despite being equal on points for the highest / lowest scoring day rules which I can't be arsed explaining again). 

At the bottom, 3 teams are on 17 points, but sadly BigBo's collapse on Day 2 means he is awarded his first - and hopefully last - black star of death. 

Cup quiz to follow after lunch and a lie down. 

Trophy Cabinet

M

Tu

W

Th

F

TOTAL

WhiteRoseKillie

★★

Edmund

★★

eckthearab

★★★★★

Blackislekillie

alang1993

Cardinal Richelieu

Jagfox99

Leeds Saint

★★

The_Kincardine

WILLIEA

Bully Wee Villa

Dayman

SlipperyP

welshbairn

Ross.

Peasy23

Wren Road

Swarley

Supermik

Jacksgranda

Dee_62

die hard doonhamer

G_Man1985

★★★

BigBo10

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

20 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

7/10 for Thursday. (Thought I better state that in case Friday's is up already...)

Knew 3 - Country, M.A.S.H. and Orkneys. Pretty sure of 1. Nr 9 is a trick question, IMHO.

I got 7 yesterday

12 hours ago, Eednud said:

Today's The Australian quiz should please a few as it has no Australian questions. Crumbled under the pressure of maintaining 2nd place with an end of season 5/10. Guessed the President and Tarzan, knew the playwright, anatomy and women's fitba.  http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=5473&sectionId=1

3/10 - knew 1, guessometer still on Summer Time

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

6 out of 10, knew four (both literature ones, Ali and Cicero) educated guess on Tarzan and lucky guess on Cricket.

If you want to do the rest of the quizzes for the week, I'll add you to the league. Also do you want to join the cup? It will mean a 4 way tie, but since we've already broken the mould with a 3 way tie, no reason not to do it!

10 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

If you want to do the rest of the quizzes for the week, I'll add you to the league. Also do you want to join the cup? It will mean a 4 way tie, but since we've already broken the mould with a 3 way tie, no reason not to do it!

Why don't we just have everybody playing  everybody? We'd get the same result only quicker...

Then we could have a cup every day.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Why don't we just have everybody playing  everybody? We'd get the same result only quicker...

Then we could have a cup every day.

Because it's a chance of diddies like me to win something!!!! You don't need to get the best score every day, just beat your opponent(s)... 

It's like saying "Why don't they just open their box straightaway in Deal or no Deal?", when you can stretch it out over an hour's worth of TV... well it's the same here... but we're stretching it out over a month!

13 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Ffs. Knew the boat and the play and not one single guess came through. A truly abysmal 2/10 to cement my position near the foot of the table. Hoping to avoid a star.

@Cardinal Richelieu posted this last night - got a fright when I saw I was joint bottom there!!!  Never been so happy to have scored a 2/10!  Mid table beckons!

Now it's time for the Diddly Dee Jam Jar Cup!

Once again, I've gone back to our roots, the Guardian Daily Quiz... dating back to September 2013, before this quiz started. PM all your answers to me... here is a reminder of the draw...

Edmund vs WILLIEA  vs The_Kincardine vs Jmothecat
Cardinal Richelieu 
vs Ross. vs WhiteRoseKillie 
Jacksgranda 
vs Leeds Saint vs Bully Wee Villa
Dayman 
vs G_Man1985 vs Jagfox99
BigBo10 
vs Blackislekillie vs Supermik
SlipperyP vs Peasy23 vs Swarley
Wren Road vs alang1993 vs eckthearab
Dee_62 vs welshbairn vs die hard doonhamer

And here's the quiz... https://www.theguardian.com/news/quiz/2013/sep/03/daily-quiz-3-september-2013

PM me your score before Monday lunchtime. I'll send my score to the first person who sends me their score.. good luck!