The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Play-off results are in, well 2 of them.

The answers were 1966 4th place for what was the USSR's best position in a World Cup up to 1990 and the USSR drew with Chile 0-0 in Moscow in the 1st leg of the 1974 play-off. They then asked FIFA to move the 2nd leg from the National Stadium in Santiago as it had been used by Pinochet to hold and kill prisoners after the coup d'etat to remove Allende two months earlier. FIFA arranged the game as normal. The USSR didn't show up, Chile did, kicked off and scored a goal into an empty net and qualified.

The Play-Off fixtures were:

Peasy 23 v Leeds Saint v Blackislekillie. - Don't know if it was a protest or solidarity with the old regime but Peasy23 & Leeds Saint didn't turn up. so Blackislekillie is promoted getting the first part sort of correct by getting the year and semi final and "Dunno about part 2, boycott of some kind? Be fecked if I know why though"

and

wastecoatwilly v SlipperyP - wastcoatwilly did a Peasy 23/Leeds Saint so Slippery P is promoted. He got the first question correct and "refused to play - I don't know the story, bit of a guess"

Not sure what to do with relegation from Premiership so unless His Eminence thinks otherwise I recommend relegate both and promote the 4th place in SWL or for this season 11 in Premier Div and 13 in SWL. 

Image result for you know it makes sense

The answers were 1966 4th place for what was the USSR's best position in a World Cup up to 1990 and the USSR drew with Chile 0-0 in Moscow in the 1st leg of the 1974 play-off. They then asked FIFA to move the 2nd leg from the National Stadium in Santiago as it had been used by Pinochet to hold and kill prisoners after the coup d'etat to remove Allende two months earlier. FIFA arranged the game as normal. The USSR didn't show up, Chile did, kicked off and scored a goal into an empty net and qualified.

Peasy 23 v Leeds Saint v Blackislekillie. - Don't know if it was a protest or solidarity with the old regime but Peasy23 & Leeds Saint didn't turn up. so Blackislekillie is promoted getting the first part sort of correct by getting the year and semi final and "Dunno about part 2, boycott of some kind? Be fecked if I know why though"

and

wastecoatwilly v SlipperyP - wastcoatwilly did a Peasy 23/Leeds Saint so Slippery P is promoted. He got the first question correct and "refused to play - I don't know the story, bit of a guess"

Not sure what to do with relegation from Premiership so unless His Eminence thinks otherwise I recommend relegate both and promote the 4th place in SWL or for this season 11 in Premier Div and 13 in SWL. 

you-know-it-makes-sense.jpg

Had no idea I was in the playoff tbh. When I last looked at a table the other day I was 4th or 5th, then surprisingly enough all the latecomers score just enough to get them above the playoff line.

6/10 for Monday, Lord only knows how. Knew 1.

and

you-know-it-makes-sense.jpg

You know what the Cardi will say......

Begins with super...............

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

:lol:

It worked :thumsup2. I must say @Eednud did a fine job of the playoff not using the @ function 

Also @Eednud did I not get 3/3 for the play off question, I know it was very open answer for the 3rd, as I said, politics.... give me the point @wastecoatwilly wouldn't mine, he got pumped anyway.

PS.  Did anyone do the BBC badly drawn footballs quiz.  I got 5/10

I would add a link, but I can't find it now.  BBC website  I'm  a shambles

Edited by SlipperyP

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

It worked :thumsup2. I must say @Eednud did a fine job of the playoff not using the @ function 

Also @Eednud did I not get 3/3 for the play off question, I know it was very open answer for the 3rd, as I said, politics.... give me the point @wastecoatwilly wouldn't mine, he got pumped anyway.

PS.  Did anyone do the BBC badly drawn footballs quiz.  I got 5/10

I would add a link, but I can't find it now.  BBC website  I'm  a shambles

Sorry was away for the weekend to the isle of bute wit happened?

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sorry was away for the weekend to the isle of bute wit happened?

Yer wife's pregnant. That's the good news....Bad news, Ye were  also pumped :thumsup2