Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

White Rabbit Project.

2 episodes in. The jailbreak one is utterly brilliant. Watching a reconstruction of how 2 guys got their families out of east Germany in 1979 by building their own hot air balloon having only ever seen a picture of one in a smuggled magazine. Just incredible.

Shop Well For Less.....

Two daft bints insult our intelligence by taking some waster parents who have no idea how to budget their income under their wing to save money. The waster parents find it hilarious how fucking hopeless they are getting up to their necks in debt knowing the daft bints will bale them out.

I'd rather see their home repossessed, the useless parents thrown onto the streets and their stupid brats taken into care. 

11 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Shop Well For Less.....

Two daft bints insult our intelligence by taking some waster parents who have no idea how to budget their income under their wing to save money. The waster parents find it hilarious how fucking hopeless they are getting up to their necks in debt knowing the daft bints will bale them out.

I'd rather see their home repossessed, the useless parents thrown onto the streets and their stupid brats taken into care. 

The parents also express utter amazement that other brands are good, sometimes even better than the ones they usually get. They will also invariably state that some product is definitely, absolutely, beyond doubt the one they usually get before its 'shockingly' revealed to be a different, cheaper brand. Almost always this will be wine, beer or coffee. They will all find all of this inexplicably hilarious.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Fantastic.  Best TV sitcom there has ever been IMO with Niles as best character.

Wouldn't go quite that far but I do enjoy the show. One that assumes its audience are intelligent people as some of the jokes are quite highbrow. Unlike some others that rely on knob gags.

Think one of my favorite lines is when Niles is confronting the German fencing instructor who Niles suspects is having an affair with Maris. However, no one can speak German and he can't speak English. Turns out Marta the Hispanic housekeeper can speak German (another great line from Frasier: "Apparently she worked for a German family that turned up in Guatemala ... just after the war.") but her English is poor. So we have a situation where Niles tells Frasier what he wants to say in English, Frasier translates it into Spanish for Marta and then Marta translates into German for the fencing instructor. So it back and forths and tension builds as accusations fly until Niles grabs a sword from the wall and shouts, "En garde!" and Frasier responds with, "Oh yes, Niles, that's just what we need, a fourth language!"

Just perfect.

Wouldn't go quite that far but I do enjoy the show. One that assumes its audience are intelligent people as some of the jokes are quite highbrow. Unlike some others that rely on knob gags.

It can slip quite effortlessly between high brow and farce was is part of it's lasting attraction. Terrific characters as well.

The episode when Daphne's old boyfriends turns up is the perfect farce episode where lie after lie builds up.

"Sorry for putting you in a difficult position Dr. Crane"

"When it comes to you Daphne, no position is too difficult"

18 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

It can slip quite effortlessly between high brow and farce was is part of it's lasting attraction. Terrific characters as well.

The episode when Daphne's old boyfriends turns up is the perfect farce episode where lie after lie builds up.

"Sorry for putting you in a difficult position Dr. Crane"

"When it comes to you Daphne, no position is too difficult"

Do you mean when they pretend that Daphne and Niles are married, and Martin claims to be an astronaut? That was one of my favourites. Martin knows he's just making things harder for them and the look on his face is priceless.

Do you mean when they pretend that Daphne and Niles are married, and Martin claims to be an astronaut? That was one of my favourites. Martin knows he's just making things harder for them and the look on his face is priceless.

That's the one. That line is brilliant. As you say, Martin's smug face as he sits back is fantastic.

24 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

That's the one. That line is brilliant. As you say, Martin's smug face as he sits back is fantastic.

And of course the looks of horror on everybody else's face as they realise they're going to have to go with this!

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Vera.  I always dismissed it as Wifey Telly and saw @Monkey Tennis mention it on the Scotland vs Slovenia thread:

I've since watched the 3 episodes on ITV Hub.  Thoroughly enjoyable stuff.

Indeed Kincardine.  Gratified to see that my recommendation alters your viewing patterns.

It is Wifey Telly, mind.