Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Watched the most sexist 25 minutes of TV ever.

An episode of the 1960s Batman show. The baddie: Nora Clavicle. Her powers: women's rights.

Got the mayor's wife to sack commissioner Gordon by threatening to stop cooking and cleaning, so the mayor folded.

Sacked male policemen and replaced with women in short skirts who are terrified of mice and obsessed with cooking and sales. 

Honestly, it was hilariously outdated.

4 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

First week of Gladiators was brilliant. Getting stale already. Not enough different events

Yeah, hopefully they mix it up while keeping the quality of eye candy at top standard.

Edited by The Naitch

12 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

First week of Gladiators was brilliant. Getting stale already. Not enough different events

I don’t think it’s help by the fact a lot of the gladiators are shite! Has anyone not got through gauntlet yet? The same with the one where they touch the spot in the middle contenders are racking up points on that!

On 25/02/2024 at 01:46, The Naitch said:

Yeah, hopefully they mix it up while keeping the quality of eye candy at top standard.

I refuse to watch it because it's presented by Bradley Walsh and his no mark, I'm-only-in-show-business-because-of-my-dad son.

The fact that I refuse to watch even though there are jiggling breasts shows how much I dislike the presenters.

Probably well late to the party on this but couldn't find a thread on it. Recently discovered Irvine Welsh's Crime on ITVX. Really enjoying it. The acting is good and the plot moves quite quickly. Ken Stott makes me laugh every time he's on screen.

On 17/02/2024 at 23:06, Savage Henry said:

The Space Shuttle that fell to Earth, on iPlayer, is one of the most compelling documentaries I’ve ever seen.  It’s morbid, nerve wracking and moving.   

Watched the final episode last night, that foam test was a real wow moment, my jaw hit the floor.

On 20/02/2024 at 16:42, GordonD said:

Christ, that was difficult viewing. I've been a spaceflight nerd since the Apollo days and have watched a lot of documentaries. Usually of course things go according to plan, and even when there are problems the astronauts usually manage to come up with a solution. But when things like this happen it can be heart-breaking.

It was particularly sad seeing the crew so happy, joking around in complete ignorance of what lay ahead. Especially the part where they paid tribute to the Apollo 1 and Challenger crews.

There was  a program on BBC 4 on Monday night called The Horizon guide to Space Shuttles, it’s available on the Iplayer, watched it last night pretty good 

On 17/02/2024 at 22:06, Savage Henry said:

The Space Shuttle that fell to Earth, on iPlayer, is one of the most compelling documentaries I’ve ever seen.  It’s morbid, nerve wracking and moving.   

On 19/02/2024 at 18:56, stanton said:

It was a hard watch at times, seeing the astronauts and their families talking before the launch was pretty surreal stuff. The management structure at NASA seems completely crazy and they seemed to take a fingers crossed and hope for the best attitude towards safety. 

On 20/02/2024 at 16:42, GordonD said:

Christ, that was difficult viewing. I've been a spaceflight nerd since the Apollo days and have watched a lot of documentaries. Usually of course things go according to plan, and even when there are problems the astronauts usually manage to come up with a solution. But when things like this happen it can be heart-breaking.

It was particularly sad seeing the crew so happy, joking around in complete ignorance of what lay ahead. Especially the part where they paid tribute to the Apollo 1 and Challenger crews.

17 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Watched the final episode last night, that foam test was a real wow moment, my jaw hit the floor.

I watched this after seeing the posts on here about it.  Heartbreaking and rage inducing at the same time.  All those different people that knew there could be a serious issue that seemed scared to push for it to be checked.  Some of them at least seemed to acknowledge this in the documentary.  

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I watched this after seeing the posts on here about it.  Heartbreaking and rage inducing at the same time.  All those different people that knew there could be a serious issue that seemed scared to push for it to be checked.  Some of them at least seemed to acknowledge this in the documentary.  

Yeah. I was surprised at how honest everyone was, even when it reflected poorly on them as individuals and as an organisation.   I presume they are no longer employees of NASA and free to talk with impunity.  

23 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I refuse to watch it because it's presented by Bradley Walsh and his no mark, I'm-only-in-show-business-because-of-my-dad son.

The fact that I refuse to watch even though there are jiggling breasts shows how much I dislike the presenters.

This.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Heartbreaking and rage inducing at the same time.  All those different people that knew there could be a serious issue that seemed scared to push for it to be checked.  Some of them at least seemed to acknowledge this in the documentary.  

This about Rangers 2012 or the Space Shuttle programme?

7 hours ago, highlandmac said:

Is it just me or are more&more TV documentaries getting needlessly longer?

Or even just needless? I was really looking forward to CH4 docu-series about corrupt police, absolutely pointless, should have just put a test card saying that cops investigating their own will result in zero consequences. I was deeply disappointed & no idea how it made it to air.