Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The number of adverts with twee songs with women doing acoustic covers of rubbish 80s songs is doing my head in these days. The Lenny Henry Premier Inn current one makes me want to punch the screen.

This so much! High-pitched, whiny covers of songs get right on my balls. Most recently, Galaxy have butchered "Moon River" (not 80s, but the principle is the same) with a twee, non-Hepburn vocalist wittering it out accompanied by a hip-hop duet. Disgusting.

The number of adverts with twee songs with women doing acoustic covers of rubbish 80s songs is doing my head in these days. The Lenny Henry Premier Inn current one makes me want to punch the screen.

Like that one with the woman singing the song from Willy Wonka. Why?

Good telly - Hunted on Channel 4.

Anybody else a fan of Impractical Jokers? Flicking through the channels last week and caught the end of an episode where the losers of the week were out in a street playing Strip High Five. Ask random people for a high five - if you don't get one then you take off an item of clothing. Sounds shit but was surprisingly funny.

Watched a couple more episodes since and some of the challenges are hilarious. Very childish I admit but it certainly appeals to my immature side.

Properly laugh out loud funny. Definitely worth checking out.

Finally got round to watching BBC's documentary about the legal highs.

Lazy, ill informed and downright bizarre, when the Provos were interviewed.

What, really, got my panties a ruffling was the goody little two shoes, middle aged, Facebook BE A WEAR hags. I obviously don't have the stats to hand, but I'm pretty confident that alcohol (also a legal high) causes more death, disease and downright misery than this latest generation of psychoactive substances. What next yah auld boots? Picket line at Vicky wine? Harassing people for going for a pint down the old Badger & Tracksuit?

Fucking harpies the lot of yeh! *flicks double v sign*

Furthermore, iirc, BBC three did a documentary on legal highs in 2010. Far superior show, in that it told both sides of the story plus there was a scene when Dode Lamb got baked on salvia, f**k that shite he's a braver man than me.

BBC three 1 BBC Scotland 0

Furthermore, iirc, BBC three did a documentary on legal highs in 2010. Far superior show, in that it told both sides of the story plus there was a scene when Dode Lamb got baked on salvia, f**k that shite he's a braver man than me.

BBC three 1 BBC Scotland 0

I mind that actually, only guy in my college class decided to try it based on that episode. c**t was fucked up for days after it.

"Win win Wednesday! TGI Thursday! Feel GOOOOOOOOD Friday! SUUUUPER SAAAATURDAAAAYYY!"

I thought Anthea Turner had been forced to face facts years ago that the public no longer wanted anything to do with her. As amusing as it is to see her flogging lottery tickets, dead behind the eyes and reading off an autocue like a fifty-year-old prom queen bursting out of her dress and offering handjobs outside a nightclub, I'd prefer her off TV screens altogether.

Not a cover but the one for Hive heating control things is in the same boat...brutal.