Fernando Ricksen Benefit game.

Copied from elsewhere.........

rangers have agreed to let us orginise a benifit match for fernando,
we will be playing a dutch legends national side ,
our team will be made up of the dutch palyers we had playing for us ie a numan ,m mols ,g v bronkhorst,and others,we will have b laudrup ,j albertz and some suprizes,
andy goram will be orginising our team its shaping up to be a great day.
we hope to pull a full hose for this game,
we will be holding a benfit dinner the same weekend in the thistle hotel.
people looking for tables contact me on here and i will provisionaly book you.
we will also be looking for match sponsors and dinner sponsors.
this is all at an early stage,but the main thing we were waiting on was rangers agreeing to letting us use ibrox.
this will be a fantastic event for a great man ,lets support this.watp..........

Game to be played in April but tbc.

Tables at dinner around the £500 for 10 but again TBC.

Surely we can sell out the ground for this great cause.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we hope to pull a full hose for

Surely we can sell out the ground for this great cause.

There won't be a dry eye in the house ;)

Hope this goes well and raises awareness of a horrible disease. Should also provide security for Ricksen and his family or a suitable charity depending on the circumstances.

Never had much time for the man and his antics but I wouldn't wish Motor Neurone Disease on anyone.

Good luck.

There won't be a dry eye in the house ;)

Hope this goes well and raises awareness of a horrible disease. Should also provide security for Ricksen and his family or a suitable charity depending on the circumstances.

Never had much time for the man and his antics but I wouldn't wish Motor Neurone Disease on anyone.

Good luck.

Totally agree Jagfox - All the best Fernando

Given that a shower of Govan toleys are in soapy bubble again, I trust that there will be no repeat of the AC Milan Legends 'charitable' match wherein the crooks at Ibroke just kept the funds raised.

Agreed. I'll go along as long as it's organized by anyone other than Rangers.

Sorry, Naughty Bunny. If I want £20 to go to Ricksen or his fellow sufferers, I'll send it straight to him or to MND Scotland.

A horrible disease, one I lost a couple of work friends to. I'd like to be sure my contribution reaches its target.

Sorry, Naughty Bunny. If I want £20 to go to Ricksen or his fellow sufferers, I'll send it straight to him or to MND Scotland.

A horrible disease, one I lost a couple of work friends to. I'd like to be sure my contribution reaches its target.

Exactly what I did weeks ago. With all due respect, the piece that No.8 C&Ped at the start of this thread does not inspire visions of a professionally run charity gig, and given rangers' history with such occasions, I don't feel a healthy dose of cynicism is unwarranted. That said, I hope it turns out well.

Dude I wasn't having a go :)

I was just stating generally there's times when not to stick the boot in,this may be one of them,wasn't pointed at you or any other poster,just an observation.

Archived