Batman: Arkham Knight

EdgarusQPFC

Nah I played it on the PS3. I've still got Origins but I honestly have no interest in going back and playing it again beyond the upcoming Mr. Freeze DLC. I'd rather have yet another run through of Asylum or City to be honest. I think my problem was that it was essentially just more of the same rather than an evolution for the series like the jump from Asylum to City was.

Also, one thing that genuinely pissed me off about Origins was the switching around of the buttons for detective mode and batarangs/gadgets. After two games with the L2 button for detective vision, I can't honestly to you how many times I blew it in predator mode by inadvertantly chucking a batarang when I meant to put on detective mode. Really bloody annoying that.

Just finished origins (well the main story) tonight after not playing it for months, thought it was the lack of playing it that had me pressing the wrong buttons but if they've changed them I don't feel as thick.

Good game, as stated by everyone else though the other 2 are a lot better.

Sick of the joker, the whole dark knight challenge bits that you have to do in order adds nothing and the glue grenades are fucking stupid. 6.5/10

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading a bit more on this for their reasons for not making plans to convert to 360 or PS3. As an example they mentioned that one character model has the same amount of pologons the complete environment in AA and the Batmobile itself takes over 160MB of memory. Its probably the first game on the Xbox one that i really want to play

I only recently finished Asylum and City for the first time. Glorious games.

In reponse to some previous posts, surely Azrael will be in it seeing as you meet him a few times in City, and when you complete the side missions with him Batman says something about investigating it again in the future. The same is true of Hush who you track down to a wee house after he tried to frame Bruce Wayne for a series of murders, only for him to trap Batman and escape.

And surely Ra's Al Ghul will be kicking about again, even if he did get skewered on a railing. Talia won't be dead either I'd imagine. And Deadshot will get out of that cable car I'd imagine.

I lost patience with City in trying to solve all the Riddler puzzles, so do you actually get to fight him?

I only recently finished Asylum and City for the first time. Glorious games.

In reponse to some previous posts, surely Azrael will be in it seeing as you meet him a few times in City, and when you complete the side missions with him Batman says something about investigating it again in the future. The same is true of Hush who you track down to a wee house after he tried to frame Bruce Wayne for a series of murders, only for him to trap Batman and escape.

And surely Ra's Al Ghul will be kicking about again, even if he did get skewered on a railing. Talia won't be dead either I'd imagine. And Deadshot will get out of that cable car I'd imagine.

I lost patience with City in trying to solve all the Riddler puzzles, so do you actually get to fight him?

Yeah City was a great game plenty of side quests to keep it interesting as well

Do you mean the Riddler challenges in the game or the actual collectable things?

Yeah City was a great game plenty of side quests to keep it interesting as well

Do you mean the Riddler challenges in the game or the actual collectable things?

Both as you had to collect the question marks as well as 'solve' the riddles (i.e. click LB in Detective Mode when looking at the riddle) before he reveals the location of his next hostage. Last one I saved was in some mad room where you had to get across a wee strech of water with four of those big drills in it (don't be tempted to use the freeze block, just use the line over it) before having to chuck batarangs at something that lets you get through a mad revolving corrider before finally having to solve a wee puzzle with boxes.

Both as you had to collect the question marks as well as 'solve' the riddles (i.e. click LB in Detective Mode when looking at the riddle) before he reveals the location of his next hostage. Last one I saved was in some mad room where you had to get across a wee strech of water with four of those big drills in it (don't be tempted to use the freeze block, just use the line over it) before having to chuck batarangs at something that lets you get through a mad revolving corrider before finally having to solve a wee puzzle with boxes.

from memory after you do 4 of those rooms and collect most of the trophies you are able to find where the Riddler is hiding. Theres another puzzle esk thing to deal with and pretty much you sneak up behind him and kick his ass

from memory after you do 4 of those rooms and collect most of the trophies you are able to find where the Riddler is hiding. Theres another puzzle esk thing to deal with and pretty much you sneak up behind him and kick his ass

Nice. I may have to do that then.

Just a heads up aswell that on X360 Arkham Asylum and City are down to £3.74

Bargin. I got the DLC for like £2 so you could get the different batman costumes for City, sure it was Adam West Batman, Tim Burton version, Dark Knight and Batman Beynond. Still need to have a play about with that

Anyone know if this is out on PC aswell or is it just next gen?

The 3rd and final installment of the Rocksteady Batman trilogy has just been announced. Due for release towards the end of the year for PC, Xbox One and PS4, presumably 360 and PS3 versions will be announced at some point.

Anyone know if this is out on PC aswell or is it just next gen?

The 3rd and final installment of the Rocksteady Batman trilogy has just been announced. Due for release towards the end of the year for PC, Xbox One and PS4, presumably 360 and PS3 versions will be announced at some point.

Mis-read that as only XB1 and PS4, cheers :thumsup2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think I'll pick this up right away since I've ONLY JUST started playing Arkham City. Asylum was a wonderful game, City just didn't click with me when I first played it on 360 but now I'm on a super gaming pc with the settings cranked to Ultra that game is lush.

Archived