Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

"The text message sent to families by Malaysia Airlines announcing the loss of the plane..." Really?! People go mental about being broken up with by text but it seems it's now ok to pass a death message by SMS?

Hi M8 Plyn crashed O Deed :(

Something just not right with this.....why was the plane so far off course?! Why no mayday call? Why was the transponder switched off? Was the reports of passengers phones ringing out in the following days true? (Wouldn't happen if under water).......How could the last pilot communication state that everything was hunky dorey, en route & on time yet the plane goes down about 2000 miles away in the opposite direction?!

Something just not right with this.....why was the plane so far off course?! Why no mayday call? Why was the transponder switched off? Was the reports of passengers phones ringing out in the following days true? (Wouldn't happen if under water).......How could the last pilot communication state that everything was hunky dorey, en route & on time yet the plane goes down about 2000 miles away in the opposite direction?!

Which equates to 4 hours flying time after the last radar contact. Were it not for the transponder being switched off and the plane being turned West (IIRC) this would look like a sudden decompression which could mean the plane could fly on autopilot until the fuel ran out. See Helios Air Crash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

they had a problem turned round were knocked out by fumes or lack of oxygen and the autopilot kept on that course till fuel ran out....nothing mysterious about it.

My god, you're right.

25herm0.jpg

I would happily dismember that Clarkson c*nt whilst he was alive and make him watch vultures eat his limbs.

Then roll him in a mixture of salt and bhut jolokia peppers.

8)

Reading between the lines I would say that you're not keen on Jeremy Clarkson.

they had a problem turned round were knocked out by fumes or lack of oxygen and the autopilot kept on that course till fuel ran out....nothing mysterious about it.

why not report it first to alert people on the ground?

BTW - I'm not suggesting some sort of conspiracy from under a tin foil hat!

Which equates to 4 hours flying time after the last radar contact. Were it not for the transponder being switched off and the plane being turned West (IIRC) this would look like a sudden decompression which could mean the plane could fly on autopilot until the fuel ran out. See Helios Air Crash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

I understand about the 4 hour flying time/fuel range but I thought sudden decompression was discounted by some experienced pilot who stated that this was unlikely as oxygen would automatically be available?

Still wouldn't explain the transponder being switched off.....