The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

It may depend on you guys staying up, that said crane played for Edinburgh in the 2nd division ...i think ?

Yeah joined in 2019 when they were in League Two. 

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

New episode of the podcast is up, chatting about Luke 'The Boot', the draw against Montrose, Quinn Coulson and finishing up with a preview of the Cove game.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Always happy to hear alternative opinions and can confirm I would not have gone on a rant! 

For me, the diving is only really a small part of the frustration but I think it summarises the issue that I have in that he would rather go to ground than get a decent cross in or beat a man and have a shot. The point that Kevchenko made that when he is poor he's really poor is a good one, and is part of my thinking in that if you had a Sutherland or a Buchanan there instead they would at least offer some pace on the break even if it's not coming off for them individually. He was really good last year and I think we all expected him to push on which may have been halted due to a lack of games or a lack of confidence, but he's just not someone I look at on the team sheet who I would rely on to grab a goal, which I think Sutherland (particularly last few weeks) does. 

I for one hope he scores every week from now until the end of the season and will be happy to eat humble pie on the way to the championship 😁

Hopefully didn’t put words in your mouth, @AlloaAdam. Good to have these sort of chats stemming from what other supporters have said, as opposed to just our opinion! 

Tonight’s result in Edinburgh changes the last part of today’s pod ever so slightly. @Kevchenko care to say what you said off air? Looks to be coming true! 😆

Montrose losing at Edinburgh City in their game in hand. Thought it would be tricky for them there, but obviously still expected them to get the job done. Having to play on a cold/windy Tuesday evening likely made things more difficult.

Leaves us five and six points clear of Montrose and Cove with three games remaining. A strong position, even given our extremely tough last three games.

12 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Hopefully didn’t put words in your mouth, @AlloaAdam. Good to have these sort of chats stemming from what other supporters have said, as opposed to just our opinion! 

Tonight’s result in Edinburgh changes the last part of today’s pod ever so slightly. @Kevchenko care to say what you said off air? Looks to be coming true! 😆

Intriguing. Will catch up with it tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Ha! I don’t want to tempt fate!!

I don't believe in the commentators curse 😉 Montrose to lose on Saturday and then bottle it against Kelty and QoS on the final day.

1 minute ago, LoganAAFC said:

Bobby, Taylor, Ethan.... 

Sign Here GIF by Rob Zombie

I'm not sure Bobby Wales will even be with Killie next season.

You could do worse than ask Killie for someone like Zander Craik but he's being watched by a host of scouts from down south also.

4 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Andy mentioned on the half time interview that we have a few players already signed up for next season. Any announcements anytime soon @LeodhasXD?

7 signed for next season so far. I've been getting around to announcements for the last two weeks. Should get around to it this week🙏

A brilliant display last night. We certainly have the forwards to trouble anyone in the play offs . Top drawer middle to front just now. Miko and Roberts are a brilliant midfield pairing. Superb. 

I worry about the defence though. 

2 hours ago, Oweny said:

A brilliant display last night. We certainly have the forwards to trouble anyone in the play offs . Top drawer middle to front just now. Miko and Roberts are a brilliant midfield pairing. Superb. 

I worry about the defence though. 

I doubt anyone predicted this would describe Andy Graham's Alloa  :P

It's great to see us looking so dangerous going forward; it doesn't happen often. If we can somehow get through the play-offs, I've no doubt that Andy will get the defence sorted out for next season, so it's a real shame that players like Bobby Wales won't be with us. Hopefully he gets a move to a good development club down south that will bring him on further and give Killie a decent payday.

Edited by BFTD
Grahams'? Behave.

It was a great night at Cove and what a brilliant goal to seal the play-off place, even if we made it harder than it maybe needed to be! 

I was really disillusioned with the previous manager. I'm not so bothered about whether or not Alloa are winning or losing as long as we have someone in charge of the football side who has a clear plan about getting the best out of what they have, with a well organised and committed side on the park. Even as a novice manager Andy has had that pretty much right from the start. His team isn't perfect but everyone knows what they're doing, they are pulling together and when it works they are playing some lovely football. You couldn't ask for more. 

Obviously going to be a big job in the summer to replace the rather fantastic loan players - whatever league we're in - but will be fun to see how Andy approaches it. Have absolute faith in him to work well with whoever he brings in. Not even that bothered about going up as that would make for a really big rebuild but great to make the play-offs and absolutely no pressure on us now, can just go and have a real crack at it. 

Well done to everyone involved, it's been a terrific few months.