The Alloa Athletic Thread

What will it take for Danny to walk? I think he's wanting another transfer window.

We're probably doing about as well as we can with the squad we have, TBH, so I'm sure January can't come soon enough. We'd be doing much better with an attacking threat. Danny has to take the blame for that, though.

f**k it, I'll just change my title to "WE NEED STRIKERS" , as that's all I ever post these days :lol:

I don't understand why he would want another transfer window. All he will be able to sign are free agents anyway.

I hear there's a goalscorer at Brechin who might be available :P

Unless offered huge wage increase, why would Young take a team that are looking doomed to join the league he's already in.

Sure he's a Glasgow boy as well so distance would be a pain as well

Ffs it's not the end of the earth.

I'm inclined to agree that Young wouldn't be interested in a switch to us now - he'd surely be looking to move on to one of the full-time sides. The way things are going, his current club might end up passing us at the end of the season :wacko:

I've been thinking Murray might end up here for the past month or two. I guess it comes down to timing, as I can't see Danny getting the push before the end of the season, if then.

If I had a pound every time DL mentions playing Part-time players in a full-time league.

It is a pretty huge disadvantage to be fair which is reflected in ours and Dumbartons recent form.

Absolute nothing between the teams on Saturday apart from an utterly incompetent goalkeeper. Both teams are no where near good enough to be able to compete at this level.

It is a pretty huge disadvantage to be fair which is reflected in ours and Dumbartons recent form.

Absolute nothing between the teams on Saturday apart from an utterly incompetent goalkeeper. Both teams are no where near good enough to be able to compete at this level.

Speak for yourselves, we're in a very competitive position.

Speak for yourselves, we're in a very competitive position.

I think the difference between the teams on Saturday was the defence. Our 'keeper juggled the ball a few times, and didn't look all that comfortable for most of the game, but Brown/Barr/Wright and Docherty were all there to cover for him, and deal with everything Alloa could throw at them.

The rest of the team looked pretty evenly matched, both with good players in midfield at holding the ball, but not at creating anything and not a great deal upfront.

But if the teams below win their game in hand you'll be back joined second bottom.

True, but if they lose their games (which with Livi away at Falkirk and St Mirren playing at home to Queens, that's the more likely option) in hand we won't. It still points to us being in a competitive position. Alloa need a couple of wins with everyone else losing to get back to a competitive position.

I'm not denying that we're shite, but we're still competing.

We all know it's a disadvantage, but reading about it near enough every week is stating to become tiresome.

If I had a pound every time DL mentions playing Part-time players in a full-time league.

Suggestion for Danny's karaoke turn at the Christmas do:

"Why don't we score goals?"

"I wish I was taller like Fat Dave."

"Still, one can only dream."

We're just part-time players in a full-time league,

Headin' to relegation, suffrin' from battle fatigue,

And the tempo is too high! For an accurate pass,

We won't score before Christmas unless I bring in some class.

Someone else can do the freestyle rap bridge :P