The Alloa Athletic Thread

He has always given his all. His stated aim is to go full time. Good luck to him.

Indeed. Stated his ambitions to go full time as recently as last week in the local paper. He'll be assessing his options as a free agent in the window to see if any potential full time offers are there, as he does when he's out of contract every summer.

Shame about Doyle, but I don't suppose it'll matter too much.

Don't know if it helps anyone's malaise, but I was just having a look at the league tables in recent years, and was surprised to see that there have been a few teams who haven't been doing much better than us by this stage of the season. '05/'06 Brechin and QoS only had 8 & 9 points respectively despite playing several more games, and the famous Morten team had a point more from the same. There's a group of other sides in the past ten years who'd only amassed 3-5 points more after playing similar numbers of games. It's been a bad year, but results haven't been quite as abysmal as some folk think.

If we can sort something out up front, there's nothing to say that we can't make a decent fist of the rest of the season, although I'd guess we need at least twenty points from the last seventeen to have any chance of not finishing bottom. Unlikely, but a decent transfer window and there can still be reason for hope.

It's a bit maddening when you think of how many games have been pretty even, but we never looked like scoring in a million years.

I'd imagine we'll have to take a chance on some guys who've scored goals at a lower level, or in other countries (like Isaac). Whoever comes in will know that they're signing up for trips to Ochilview and Cliftonhill (probably) rather than Ibrox and Easter Road.

Indeed. Stated his ambitions to go full time as recently as last week in the local paper. He'll be assessing his options as a free agent in the window to see if any potential full time offers are there, as he does when he's out of contract every summer.

The difference this time is that I can't see us waiting for Doyley in our circumstances and the window being a short one.

I hope he gets a full-time deal and that he makes a go of it.

Is it worrying anyone that we've been incredibly quiet this window?

Were you expecting much else? We only have two loans left (one if we extend mckenna) so we won't waste them on any nobody and there's not much in terms of free agents that stand out.

Were you expecting much else? We only have two loans left (one if we extend mckenna) so we won't waste them on any nobody and there's not much in terms of free agents that stand out.

I was expecting at least one end of the season deal done now but I'll leave my judgement till the end of the window. JR has impressed me none the less and has my full support.

I was expecting at least one end of the season deal done now but I'll leave my judgement till the end of the window. JR has impressed me none the less and has my full support.

I'm fairly sure jack Ross will have his eye on a few players, but realistically who would you like to see sign a deal till the end of the season? Without digging deep, there really is noone who stands out.

Is it worrying anyone that we've been incredibly quiet this window?

Yes. I've been told that we might be a tad short in one particular area (quarterback, was it?), and I figured we'd have something in mind for when the window opened. The lack of action implies that the boss thinks we're doing fine in that area ( :1eye ), or that nothing worthwhile wants to come to us.

What's Geoff Mitchell up to these days anyway? :ph34r: